Speed Demon

Default Never second guess the guy in front with V1?

I was driving a convertible with the top down and my V1 in a nice scenic drive (35 PSL). You can see my whole setup probably a mile away from behind since I'm using the big curly stock power cord. My V1 picked up C/O Ka from about 1000ft off axis. This got to be a real threat since it was in the middle of nowhere and I slowed down to 5 below. Low and behold there was a LEO hiding behind some trees waiting for his prey to fall into his trap! The schmuck behind me driving a Prius got impatient with my speed, gunned it and overtook me. I bet he got a heart attack when he saw the hiding LEO at only 300ft in front. Luckily he slammed on his brakes and narrowly escaped from getting pulled. This would have been a classic V1 moment if he got pulled.

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: Never second guess the guy in front with V1?

Get your hardwire kit on that V1 ASAP... you don't want it to be someone else's V1!

With that said it sounds like the clown deserved to get a ticket... Good save from the V1.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore View Post
    Get your hardwire kit on that V1 ASAP... you don't want it to be someone else's V1!

With that said it sounds like the clown deserved to get a ticket... Good save from the V1.
    Love the hardwire kit. Keeps it out of sight, and a bit cooler as well.

Lead Foot

Or the fake hardwire like I have in my car! I took the 8ft power cord and routed it through the headliner all the way to the A piller down that, under the dash to my ciggerette lighter and power adapter. I felt proud of myself.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by Red Turbo Tegg View Post
    Or the fake hardwire like I have in my car! I took the 8ft power cord and routed it through the headliner all the way to the A piller down that, under the dash to my ciggerette lighter and power adapter. I felt proud of myself.

Nice! I did the same thing, except when I got to the lighter I removed the plate covering the lighter and tapped into the power connected to the lighter. My X50 is not hardwired, he gets to hang out in the middle of the windshield. I'm not that motivated.

Last edited by ATSRADAR; 09-03-2008 at 07:15 AM.