Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Bad news for me, I think my local police department just starting to use laser now.

Yea today was the first day I have ever been hit with laster on the local streets, as matter fact. I have been living here for the past 3 years, and never got hit with laser around town, just on the higway onces or twice. I couldnt make out with gun he was using, and I cant get a laser jammer as there illegal here to, I wonder if any other department got laser guns too. I hop not.

Old Timer

Default Re: Bad news for me, I think my local police department just starting to use laser no

well slow down in town for now....get an LJ...use it but slow down fast and switch it out to give him a reading of the speed limit...

i would love for my local leos to get laser..they are cluesless already rising around all day with the k-55's on..i would love to JTG them every time

Newcomer

Default Re: Bad news for me, I think my local police department just starting to use laser no

I've had the opposite problem here. It seems like that's the ONLY thing local LEO's use here. I've ran into laser more times than I can count than radar. Unfortunately I have no jammer yet.

Yoda of Radar

That's my fear. I live in an area where jammers are illegal, but luckily for me, my locals only use radar. If they used laser, I'd be afraid that they might learn my car once they got jammed a few times. I/O radar sucks, but I prefer that based solely on my circumstances.

Lead Foot

I'd prefer all laser. That would be easier for me. Just get an LI and not worry about it. Jammers are legal here.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetdude View Post
    Yea today was the first day I have ever been hit with laster on the local streets, as matter fact. I have been living here for the past 3 years, and never got hit with laser around town, just on the higway onces or twice. I couldnt make out with gun he was using, and I cant get a laser jammer as there illegal here to, I wonder if any other department got laser guns too. I hop not.
    My local pd has been using laser for the past year and half. I haven't run into any radar from them in a long time. Knock on wood, the V1 has been pretty good to me.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Turbo Tegg View Post
    I'd prefer all laser. That would be easier for me. Just get an LI and not worry about it. Jammers are legal here.

Yeah, I agree... I would rather have laser all day, rather then I/O Ka.

There are numerous limiting factors in regards to laser, but much fewer with I/O radar including:

-Moving radar
    -Inclement weather has a lesser impact.
    -It can be shot through windows without many issues.
    -At night you don't have to stare at HL's in a 'viewfinder' (if you will).
    -It cannot be jammed (illegally:Scorpion , but even that is a toss-up).

Laser of course:
    -More precise targeting
    -Very narrow beam limits RD/LD's capabilities.

(Though I can certainly see in areas where jammers are illegal, priorities may be switched a bit).

Newcomer

I realize this is my first post but I currently have a V1 (since 2002) & have sent in in for the POP updates like a year or so back. Anyway I was contemplating on getting a LJ as well being some of the local Tampa PD use them on occasion around here. Any good suggestions for a newbie

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Onequik335i View Post
    I realize this is my first post but I currently have a V1 (since 2002) & have sent in in for the POP updates like a year or so back. Anyway I was contemplating on getting a LJ as well being some of the local Tampa PD use them on occasion around here. Any good suggestions for a newbie
    Not to get off topic too much from the original post:
    Under $500: Blinder M25
    Over $500: Dual head Laser Interceptor

Good Citizen

hey you just hijack my theard shame on you , hijack way, lol jk hahaha

actually it is good topic that you brought up because i need a laser jammer to, but a cheap one would do , i just wich I could know which laser guns they use in my area.