Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Speed Demon

Default Setting Ka more responsive on the V1

After setting my V1 to make the Ka more responsive, I started to think about why this was not the default setting. It seems if every radar detector made their Ka more responsive, people would think it was better just because it picked up a "stronger" signal. Why wouldn't V1 just make the V1 more responsive to Ka normally because most people understand that almost all Ka is police related. I would appreciate any thoughts on this topic.

Yoda of Radar

Doesn't seem to be more responsive, only more lights that come up...

the light has come up anyway, so you are alerted at the same time... so exactly the point is what?

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    Doesn't seem to be more responsive, only more lights that come up...

the light has come up anyway, so you are alerted at the same time... so exactly the point is what?
    If people see more lights, it gives you the impression that it is a stronger Ka signal and perhaps that your radar detector didn't just pick up a Ka blip. In the past, SML has testing where they tell you how many lights lit up at a certain distance which would give you the impression that a radar detector was stronger than another. If at 2 miles a radar detector lights up 4 out of 8 lights instead of 1 out of 8, you would think one was stonger than the other.

Yoda of Radar

But... it was a ka blip...

BTW, I'm really enjoying the bbcode extension for Firefox, now I'm a bbcode master! :mrgreen:

Yoda of Radar

Anyway if people start thinking more lights = more performance, soon we will see the new Cobra XRSDFG 9785429 with 874 LED lights that all illuminate at the same time .

Radar Fanatic

And just you wait until I get the wing installed on my car. And the stickers...I'll have the fastest Volvo on the planet!!

Yoda of Radar

Speaking of Volvos

V1 Zombie

mobile speed camera`s men thats why. in the back of a van or whatever. over here 34.6 ghz very deadly indeed. See you get a weak hit to start then all hell gets out. so if your going around a corner you may not get very much warning, so setting it to more responsive will open your eyes alot faster when your asleep. Also could be good for the wife to use set like that. That is if you let here play with it

Professional

the idea behind making the Ka more responsive is... for example, if i am traveling at a high rate of speed... getting 4 or 5 lights will get my attention more than if 1/8 or 2/8 were lit up. music being loud, you'll hear the faster alert of the Ka with more lights on the meter.

it tells you specifically in the pdf manual "This section allows you to adjust the response of the signal strength meter for Ka band only. V1s radar and laser sensitivity will not be changed."

V1 Zombie

Amen dude. I like to put my V1 in my house bus.it has a 10mm thick front window (12.5mm to a inch ) so has a very slight weaker hit then in my car (i think or feel) so will turn ka warning up when in my motor home. Ps how ever still got a 5 k Ka hit(thats 3.10686 miles men) o yeah petty lady love that tech hit feels good 8)