Longsnowsm

Default More reasons to love your V1!

I have been on a rant as of late on products that don't work as advertised I started to accumulate more info that makes me happier each day that I do own a V1. Initially as I looked at the V1 I was unhappy, but as I kept digging I found that I don't have a lot to be unhappy about.

The recent GOL radar detector tests seem to show that the V1 is clearly on top of the radar heap. Happy@ss has let it slip that the V1 is the only detector to detect Pop, tests have shown the V1 is able to detect Stealth(while the V1's closest competition is blind), and nobody disputes the V1 is the king of laser. VR has allowed us to keep updating our V1's to the latest and greatest(saving us time and money over the long haul), and better yet they take good care of us when we call, have questions, or send in our stuff for upgrade. All things considered VR is doing a pretty good job staying on top of the latest threats even though they don't appear too enthusiastic about doing it when it first becomes a threat.

The list of issues with the competition seems to keep growing as they are falling further behind the existing technology. Someone at those other companies need to take notes from VR as they are apparently doing it right... Even if it doesn't look like they are on top of things.

Longsnowsm

Radar Fanatic

The only real fault with the V1 as of late has been the issues with their POP detection scheme. The concept is fantastic but they need to work out the bugs with the "J" function so that it doesn't act screwy as so many have seen. (Everyone but me, apparently.) That could be a ways off because I have a feeling it's inherent to the current internals.

So far so good with mine, though. It gave me great warning on the Maine staties' constant Ka on Friday night. They were clocking in the other direction over hills and I still had between a quarter and a half mile of range. Range on all of the X and K-band drones that were set up was bordering on ridiculous. Those things are annoying but I'll deal with it!

Longsnowsm

I am with ya on the J thing. There should be an option to turn off the J function. It is a great idea, but so far poor implementation. I also have not seen this, but lots of others are reporting it.

I am pretty happy with my V1. My only other complaint is the ghosting bogey's/arrows. Not a problem as long as the arrows flash the arrow that is the threat. My older versions of the V1 never did this so I don't know what they need to do to clear this up. 1 radar, 1 bogey, 1 arrow... Seems pretty simple doesn't it?

Mike V and VR: If you can fix these annoying little things like the J and ghosting you will move from "pretty happy" customers to "very happy" and you will see your market share increase accordingly.

Longsnowsm

Lead Foot

I am having no problems with the "J" ing issue because it only happens once in a blue moon and when your ontop of the radar what you have already identified as real. The ghosting issue I would like to see fixed but not as critical to me as the lack of bogey tones in (L) mode. I no longer use (L) mode because of the lack of bogye tones if you have more than 1 bogey in the same band and I also see where I had X and K band with no bogey tone but this had only happened once. It is more of a problem when the bogeys are on the same band it will count up the number of bogeys but never sound the bogey allert.

Oh btw I have 3.824

Founder of Stealthvation

"Happy@ss has let it slip that the V1 is the only detector to detect Pop"

It was the only detector to detect 16ms K band POP.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    "Happy@ss has let it slip that the V1 is the only detector to detect Pop"

It was the only detector to detect 16ms K band POP.
    And how did you get this info about it detecting 16ms pop? I missed something! How about a litle more info on this one. Thanks

Longsnowsm

Happy, Thanks for the clarification on that. I didn't pick up on that piece of it when you said it earlier. Still very good stuff to know.

Any idea when we will see the POP results? Thanks.

Longsnowsm

Longsnowsm

Were you guys able to test Ka POP?

Longsnowsm