Newcomer

Default Driving in Central Calley California

Ok, i have driven from san Francisco to Modesto twice and Modesto to Frisco 3 times and I always get weird false alarms.
    Driving from east to west, I start getting false alarms in Tracy that last almost to Oakland and get them on the way back East too. They are always K band. Sometimes behind me, sometimes in front. Sometimes they start week and get strong fast and sometimes they start at full strenth. They never last more than a few seconds. I've never experienced anything like this before (mostly driving in NH/VT/ME/MA). Does anyone else from this area experience this? It pretty much makes a radar detector useless since they happen so often and always force me to brake fast.
    The first time driving from Tracy to Oakland I would have sworn there was a cop driving somewhere behind me using instant-on.
    (Also, I did turn off my Srint cell phone and it continued to hapen)
    The only thing strange about the area I guess is the large amount of Wind power and power lines, but these things are far gone before I get into Oakland. I have a V1 3.825 but it seems like it must happen with any detector.

Newcomer

sorry, i honestly didn't search for this before posting because it just seemed so weird. but thanks for the links

Professional

Thats got to suck, detector going off every time you turn around. Going to be easy for cops to pick people off because they will start to ignore the K band warnings :x

Newcomer

Well I won't need it much more anyway. Im only in san francisco for college and am selling my car soon. i have a Nissan 240sx waiting for me for whenever i'm visiting home in new hampshire and will definately be moving back to northern new england once i have my B.A. from USF.
    But yea it really sucks for people who commute on I-280 to the Bay area every weekday, although radar detectors do seem a lot less popular out here anyways.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Holla
    Thats got to suck, detector going off every time you turn around. Going to be easy for cops to pick people off because they will start to ignore the K band warnings :x
    Hopefully not I don't think that they will go that wrought as highway radar is not big here anyway. These drones are just data gathering but being shot at full tone in the front or back every few minutes really does get annoying fast.

Jeremy, Since you are driving with a 3.825 software you're problems can be over simply by switching your codes to what I have in my signature.
    Don't worry about CHP because up until a few years ago they were not allowed to use radar at all so when they finally got it they chose Ka for all there units.
    These codes will allow you to see yourself being hit with the visual lights if you wish but stay silent to K band only. It is working absolutely great for me.