Newcomer

Default 'P' in bogey counter

The Tech report that explains how to program the V1 says that if there are any changes from teh way it came from teh factory, during its boot sequence, youll see a short 'P' in the bogey counter window.. I have such a P.. The only thing Ive changed is to put it into 'L', ie, Full Logic mode.. Would that be the reason its showing a 'P' as it initializes? or is that not enough to do it?

Professional

No how you have it set with the L is not causing that.
    There is still something set different then how it came from the factory.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by boomerman
    No how you have it set with the L is not causing that.
    There is still something set different then how it came from the factory.
    HOw can this be? I ordered it directly from VAlentine, and simply plugged it in and used it after reading the instructoins. AS I said, only thing I programmed was the Full Logic mode.. Now I guess im going to have to to through each and ever programming feature, and compare it to its Factory default value, to see whats changed, somehow.

What would be Really Helpful would be a single 'switch' to revert totally back to its Default programming condition!

the P you're seeing is signifying that your radar has pop mode. On start up my v1 3.825 flashes P, o, P and finally the detection model (A, l, L). If you program it, a different sequence (P with different lights flashing) will be shown before the P o P.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by Bregulon
    the P you're seeing is signifying that your radar has pop mode. On start up my v1 3.825 flashes P, o, P and finally the detection model (A, l, L). If you program it, a different sequence (P with different lights flashing) will be shown before the P o P.
    Ohhhh, I think youre right.. I was keying on the programming article's comment that a P in its startup sequence meant that the stock programming had been altered! Just a tad misleading Thanks for clearing it up

Professional

hehehe that would be correct..got to look for those other 2 letters. That makes a BIG difference!!