Thread: lasered !

Lead Foot

Default lasered !

On the way to one of the other sites I have to cover I say a cop shooting laser, for the 1st time in ages I didn't have the V1 on!
    so I went around the block and turned it on and was right behind a car
    doing 20 mph there is no way the cop could have seen the front of my car to target me, no way i was slightly over to the right hand side.
    the V1 picked it up !
    defo no direct hit no way could he have got me.
    The V1 must have picked it up from him hitting the other car.
    Well impressed.

Radar Fanatic

it will do if the laser scatter goes through the window screen of the car in front it will set the v1 laser off!

its a iffy subject when it comes to detecting laser!

but the v1 does excell when it comes to this.

Lead Foot

well and truly !

man I love my V1

Lead Foot

I am beginning to believe that hand-held lidar is indeed detectable. Recent experiences in NJ w/hand-held have indicated non-targeted detection with V1, 8500, X50 and Passport 5000.
    It is kinda scary to see a trooper in a car pointing a bazooka directly at you, so brake-light detection works as well. I suspect more than one accident has been caused by unwitting, frightened motorists over-reacting to targeting by what they interpret as a really big-bore weapon. Then speed enforcement is indicated as the area goes up in its accident stats. The circle is closed.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by billgerr
    I am beginning to believe that hand-held lidar is indeed detectable. Recent experiences in NJ w/hand-held have indicated non-targeted detection with V1, 8500, X50 and Passport 5000.
    It is kinda scary to see a trooper in a car pointing a bazooka directly at you, so brake-light detection works as well. I suspect more than one accident has been caused by unwitting, frightened motorists over-reacting to targeting by what they interpret as a really big-bore weapon. Then speed enforcement is indicated as the area goes up in its accident stats. The circle is closed.

Pretty slick system the government has set up. Self perpetuating.

I wonder how quickly and by how much they would raise taxes if all of a sudden everyone started obeying traffic laws, or even just the speed limits? Well, maybe they would just lower the speed limits even more to create more speeders. As you say, the circle is closed.

GTO_04