Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default PLEASE HELP Newbie Valentine One User...Unit does not work???

Hello All,

I bought my Valentine One on Oct 30th, 2008. I mounted the device in my car and was excited to see the warning signals going off every so often (I live in Los Angeles lots of interference). I have set the device to A (all)...

My problem is that after having owned it for over a month and a half, I have recently realized that it makes ABSOLUTE NO sound at all while around inner city police cars, or Highway patrol cars...

For example there was a massive accident last night, with 10 CHP (california highway patrol) cars blocking the other side of the freeway...as I approached and passed by my unit was completely silent...10 minute later I passed by a inner city cop that had puleld someone over, again silent...finally i pull up to the intersection and another police car pulls by next to me...and the unit is silent...BUT when I pass in front of super markets and some other buildings, it goes off like crazy...

I dont know if my unit is defective or if I'm not using it correctly???

I am pretty sure that none of the radars are turned off as I have seen everything from K, Ka, X, L go off at various times...all false alarms.

Any ideas?

Do I need to send this in?

Please Help!

Thank in advance.

Professional

Default Re: PLEASE HELP Newbie Valentine One User...Unit does not work???

send it to v1. they will look into it. they will let u know how much till will cost you for repair.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by sinpolio View Post
    Hello All,

I bought my Valentine One on Oct 30th, 2008. I mounted the device in my car and was excited to see the warning signals going off every so often (I live in Los Angeles lots of interference). I have set the device to A (all)...

My problem is that after having owned it for over a month and a half, I have recently realized that it makes ABSOLUTE NO sound at all while around inner city police cars, or Highway patrol cars...

For example there was a massive accident last night, with 10 CHP (california highway patrol) cars blocking the other side of the freeway...as I approached and passed by my unit was completely silent...10 minute later I passed by a inner city cop that had puleld someone over, again silent...finally i pull up to the intersection and another police car pulls by next to me...and the unit is silent...BUT when I pass in front of super markets and some other buildings, it goes off like crazy...

I dont know if my unit is defective or if I'm not using it correctly???

I am pretty sure that none of the radars are turned off as I have seen everything from K, Ka, X, L go off at various times...all false alarms.

Any ideas?

Do I need to send this in?

Please Help!

Thank in advance.
    Its a radar detector, not a cop detector. Not every cop car has a radar gun in it, and not every radar gun is left on.

J/

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by guit123 View Post
    send it to v1.

Power User

Did you buy it new? if not a previous owner could of turned off bands or adjusted something.

A few things, did you turn off any bands when you got it? If not, go to a drug store or a walmart or a supermarket and see if it goes off by the door openers. Also, like you had it make sure it is in A mode when testing.

Thanks Jerry,

I am aware of this...however, everyone else is raving about their detector picking up on cops 24/7...I have yet to have ONE instance occur.... So yes, I initially told myself the same thing...that not all police cars have their radars activated at all times, but after 1.5 months and not having ONE instance of the detector accurately pointing out a police car, I have began to doubt it...

Quote Originally Posted by focalcivic View Post
    Did you buy it new? if not a previous owner could of turned off bands or adjusted something.

A few things, did you turn off any bands when you got it? If not, go to a drug store or a walmart or a supermarket and see if it goes off by the door openers. Also, like you had it make sure it is in A mode when testing.
    I bought the unit new... All I did was plug it in and put it on A...also, as mentioned, it works fine in front of all super markets...and I have seen all the different radar indicators for all the bands go off at one point or another...

I bought the unit new... All I did was plug it in and put it on A...also, as mentioned, it works fine in front of all super markets...and I have seen all the different radar indicators for all the bands go off at one point or another...

If it is alerting to all shoppinh centers, then i think it is working fine. Remeber the leo has to have his radar on, so that you v1 could have something to detect. not ever leo has their radar on.

Power User

I thought you said recently it was not alerting to door openers etc. Sounds like it is fine.

Speed Demon

that is because they do not use radar or laser when at accidents or when they've already pulled people over. It's probably working perfectly .