Good Citizen

Default Excellent Laser Save in Houston, TX

So I was running late to work this morning traveling 59 northbound and HPD was definitely trying to generate some income.

Around 8:18am traveling northbound, saw 2 marked HPD Crown Vics with customers southbound and saw 2 unmarked HPD Crown Vics shooting constant Ka in the shoulder of 59 south. This was along 59 south between Bissonnet to Hillcroft.

Past downtown going 59 northbound past the I-10 exit, saw a marked HPD Crown Vic with a customer on the shoulder.

I continue on thinking that the worst is over as I gain some speed. I was going about 72-75mph when all of sudden I get a laser alert as the road curves where 59 meets 610 again before Crosstimbers. I'm skeptical so I figure it's a real alert as I see nothing to set off a false. As I crest up the hill, I see an unmarked Dodge Charger is shooting laser in the meeting where oncoming 610 traffic can merge on to 59 north. By the time I saw him I was able to switch lanes and slow down to about 65. He cop slowly creeps his way onto the highway and ends up pulling over a truck that was behind me that I didn't believe to be going any faster than 75.

I was thinking about when I got the inital alert and how much distance there was before I saw the LEO and I have to saw it was at most 0.2 miles. I actually got the alert right as the road was curving and I was making my way up the part where the highway inclines up.

I definitely felt like I would have been pulled over had it not have been for the V1's excellent laser sensitivity as I'm thankful to have picked up some scatter before I saw the LEO. What's even more impressive is it alerted laser before the curve and the incline!

However, I will be sending my 3.813 in for a tuneup as it did poorly in the picking up the LEOs that were shooting constant Ka band earlier than morning. I got a 0.1 mile warning with the front antenna and the signal strength went up to 4 LEDs as I was passing them. It wasn't until after I passed them that the rear antenna alerted with full strength LEDs and continued to alert about 0.4 miles after I had passed them.

Regardless, V1 definitely saved me from my first ticket!

Professional

Default Re: Excellent Laser Save in Houston, TX

nice, i don think there is anything wrong with ur v1... if he is using forward facing with less traffic you will see more action on v1 only when u pass him.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by guit123 View Post
    nice, i don think there is anything wrong with ur v1... if he is using forward facing with less traffic you will see more action on v1 only when u pass him.
    The unmarked Crown Vics shooting constant Ka band were facing me because I was traveling northbound and they were parked in the shoulder southbound. So the radar should have been shooting at me correct?

Technically there really is nothing wrong with my V1 as I made a thread a couple of months ago asking when V1 users send in their unit for a tune up. It seems to pick up things fine in the parking lot or vicinity of CVS, HEB, Kroger, etc, but there are some instances where I'll get only rear alerts with some weak falses or I'll get the above scenario where I'll see an LEO shooting radar facing me and the signal strength goes up to 4-5 LEDs to all of a sudden full ramp up after I pass the LEO.

I definitely feel as if my rear antenna has somehow maintained its sensitivity since I tuned it up about a year and a half ago, while the front has lost some of it.

At least the V1 doesn't lose it's laser sensitvity!

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by OzarkaWater View Post
    The unmarked Crown Vics shooting constant Ka band were facing me because I was traveling northbound and they were parked in the shoulder southbound. So the radar should have been shooting at me correct?
    They could have been using their rear facing radar antenna, so that would make it forward facing as you drive.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by OzarkaWater View Post

Technically there really is nothing wrong with my V1 as I made a thread a couple of months ago asking when V1 users send in their unit for a tune up. It seems to pick up things fine in the parking lot or vicinity of CVS, HEB, Kroger, etc, but there are some instances where I'll get only rear alerts with some weak falses or I'll get the above scenario where I'll see an LEO shooting radar facing me and the signal strength goes up to 4-5 LEDs to all of a sudden full ramp up after I pass the LEO.

I definitely feel as if my rear antenna has somehow maintained its sensitivity since I tuned it up about a year and a half ago, while the front has lost some of it.

At least the V1 doesn't lose it's laser sensitvity!
    I find this strange as my new V1 did the same kinda thing with my past two Ka encounters with the Kentucky state police. The first was on I-75 I got just enough alert that I would have been able to slow down if the LEO had been on my side of the median. The second I just got like .1-.3 miles detection from an oncomming LEO around a curve and the after I passed him I got well over a mile detection from behind him after we were both through the turn which cuts through a hill with rock walls on both sides.