Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Any New Year's Eve/Day story? (Or anything around that period)

Happy New Year! Do you have a New Year's Eve/Day story? Anytime near that period is fine.

I went to a New Year party at one of my friend's place. So I started out going through the usual route to get to the freeway, but got 3 weak Ka-band signal then J'ed out, which is a little strange. I then hop onto a freeway that I didn't get to yet.

When I was on my way back, a Ford Mustang spun out in the middle of the freeway . A little while later, there is some Ka signal, but couldn't ID the source (small save). Same thing happen about 10 minutes later right before I'm ready to change to another highway.

Seems like the V1 is doing a fine job and already starting to pay itself. So far there are about 4 small saves in about 8 days (3 Ka, 1 laser).

How about yours?

Newcomer

Default Re: Any New Year's Eve/Day story? (Or anything around that period)

I passed a Ka source as well and for the life of me could not find it I looked everywhere I could see and had a full lock tone but could not find the source and drove by several times. I was also sitting at a stop light and got 15 or so laser alerts coming from a Ford Ranger I think or it was at least the only vehicle I could see with led tail lights. I had a full Ka alert J'ed out which kinda shocked me.

Lead Foot

I saw some Ka activity today on I-95 in the Jupiter Florida area. We were driving southbound.

On the first encounter I saw three cruisers - two locals and a "safety patrol" - pass at nearly the same time northbound within a few seconds off each other. Got two Ka bogeys as the first and third cruisers passed. The second was the safety guy and I'm guessing he was not the source of any of the alerts (these are usually volunteers).

Saw an FHP CO Ka forward facing speedtrap in a construction area, Got a 3/4 mile warning on the V1 around a curve. More than enough time to slow down.

Saw another FHP CO Ka speedtrap. Not sure which direction, but he might have been using both antennas. In my wife's car with the X50. Probably got a mile warning on that before we spotted the cruiser.
    Last edited by justin81; 01-01-2009 at 06:44 PM. Reason: typos

Stealthed Like a B-2

I got pulled over this new years eve. Didn't have my detector either. It was close to dark and I was following my friend kevin in his jacked up truck. He was in front of me and we were on the rural part of 17. I stayed with him thinking if their is a cop he would get pulled not me, Im doing the same speed as him and about 8 car links behind him at least. He all of a sudden guns it and switches lanes then about 2 seconds later I see a cop on the right hand spot in a tricky spot and I see his brake lights come on and he pulls out.

He gets behind me and I was nervous as **** because its my brothers car and its not registered, nor does it have a recent inspection, no mirror on the driver side, one brake light is out, license plate light is dangleing, and many other stupid crap. The cars a hunk of junk but I was just driving to wawa to drop the car off and then get in kevins truck and go have fun on new years. He pulls me over about a mile later and I knew he ran my plates because he was behind me for a little bit.

I get pulled over at mcdonalds, he comes up asks the usuall questions and tells me I was doing 67 in a 55 and a summary of what I said was.. I was following kevin the gun in the truck that was in front of me I relize I was speeding when I passed you I looked at the odometer and I was doing 65, I was just trying to catch up to him and I usually never speed. I will admit sir that I do usually 5 over but I rarely go that fast (my record is clean so it backs it up), and I relize that what I just did was wrong, and I appologize. (kevin pulls up in his truck in the mcdonalds parking lot, to back up that he was my friend) well he checks my record and all that. He asked for my registration and license.. I gave him my license then I looked in the glove box/consoles and couldn't find the registration (it doesn't have one btw) and he said don't worry about it. I don't even think the car is insured unless its still insured by the previous owner. He didn't mention any of the things wrong with the car or insurance/registration w/e. (I thought they could run the plates and see if its registered.)

The cop was a new cop, he had been hired not to long ago. The car was out of state (North Carolina), he looked at the inspection for a couple seconds but didn't say anything for some reason.

Well amazingly he let me off on everything. I should have gotten the car towed and been to jail plus a couple tickets on my hand but I manged somehow not too. Quite insane, I was calm and not nervous at all, physically and mentally I felt perfect as I usually do but I was expecting to have a terrible night and a few tickets on my hands. I was worried about all the things that I had against me but I was calm, respectful, and though I was worried and thought I was going to go to jail or have a bad rest of the night I didn't show it and I think thats got me off on the tickets. I don't know if he knew about all the other things but seeing as he's a new cop probably didn't know how to deal with out of state ****.

I had one of the best new years after that but I thought that was going to ruin it.

Kevin was going faster than me I don't know why he didn't get pulled but maybe the cop got him and not me but thought it was me.

Any input of what might of happened or how the system works lmk please.
    Last edited by YTCD; 01-02-2009 at 06:26 PM.

Almost Banned

Quote Originally Posted by YTCD View Post
    I got pulled over this new years eve. It was close to dark and I was following my friend kevin in his jacked up truck. He was in front of me and we were on the rural part of 17. I stayed with him thinking if their is a cop he would get pulled not me, Im doing the same speed as him and about 8 car links behind him at least. He all of a sudden guns it and switches lanes then about 2 seconds later I see a cop on the right hand spot in a tricky spot and I see his brake lights come on and he pulls out.

He gets behind me and I was nervous as **** because its my brothers car and its not registered, nor does it have a recent inspection, no mirror on the driver side, one brake light is out, license plate light is dangleing, and many other stupid crap. The cars a hunk of junk but I was just driving to wawa to drop the car off and then get in kevins truck and go have fun on new years. He pulls me over about a mile later and I knew he ran my plates because he was behind me for a little bit.

I get pulled over at mcdonalds, he comes up asks the usuall questions and tells me I was doing 67 in a 55 and a summary of what I said was.. I was following kevin the gun in the truck that was in front of me I relize I was speeding when I passed you I looked at the odometer and I was doing 65, I was just trying to catch up to him and I usually never speed. I will admit sir that I do usually 5 over but I rarely go that fast (my record is clean so it backs it up), and I relize that what I just did was wrong, and I appologize. (kevin pulls up in his truck in the mcdonalds parking lot, to back up that he was my friend) well he checks my record and all that. He asked for my registration and license.. I gave him my license then I looked in the glove box/consoles and couldn't find the registration (it doesn't have one btw) and he said don't worry about it. I don't even think the car is insured unless its still insured by the previous owner. He didn't mention any of the things wrong with the car or insurance/registration w/e. (I thought they could run the plates and see if its registered.)

The cop was a new cop, he had been hired not to long ago. The car was out of state (North Carolina), he looked at the inspection for a couple seconds but didn't say anything for some reason.

Well amazingly he let me off on everything. I should have gotten the car towed and been to jail plus a couple tickets on my hand but I manged somehow not too. Quite insane, I was calm and not nervous at all, physically and mentally I felt perfect as I usually do but I was expecting to have a terrible night and a few tickets on my hands. I was worried about all the things that I had against me but I was calm, respectful, and though I was worried and thought I was going to go to jail or have a bad rest of the night I didn't show it and I think thats got me off on the tickets. I don't know if he knew about all the other things but seeing as he's a new cop probably didn't know how to deal with out of state ****.

I had one of the best new years after that but I thought that was going to ruin it.

Kevin was going faster than me I don't know why he didn't get pulled but maybe the cop got him and not me but thought it was me.

Any input of what might of happened or how the system works lmk please.
    did you have your detector?

Stealthed Like a B-2

Quote Originally Posted by RadarKid View Post
    did you have your detector?
    ohh i forgot to put that in their no I didn't. But since using my detector I know what the cop is from previous encounters. He runs C/O k band all the time even when his car is parked. He is a new cop for sure, and is a young looking dude. He's learning but still doesn't know a lot. He often goes and runs radar where its really easy to catch people. He usually doesn't give people breaks and goes by a 10mph + before he'll pull you over. He seems to know the laws pretty well but still needs some work on many traffic and vehicle laws. He's about 5'10 and 160-180 pounds. He seems pretty nice and as long as your respectful to him he's respectful to you and will cut you pretty easy

Speedtrap Crasher

I went out for New Years but walked to the Maple Leaf pub so I could avoid the drunk driving squads. We ended up taking the train downtown but it's freaking expensive going to bars on New Years. $25 cover everywhere. Saw police cars with people pulled over everywhere.

I think this may have been my last new years. It's just too expensive and crowded for me. Even Pub Fiction had a line out the door and nobody goes to that bottle wash bar.
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200

Stealthed Like a B-2

Quote Originally Posted by erickonphoenix View Post
    I went out for New Years but walked to the Maple Leaf pub so I could avoid the drunk driving squads. We ended up taking the train downtown but it's freaking expensive going to bars on New Years. $25 cover everywhere. Saw police cars with people pulled over everywhere.

I think this may have been my last new years. It's just too expensive and crowded for me. Even Pub Fiction had a line out the door and nobody goes to that bottle wash bar.
    See this time we just drove around and had an awsome time, I mean awsome time. I usually do that or go to a party with some friends. I usually have a good time and I don't like going to bars on new years as it always sucks

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by erickonphoenix View Post

Erick maybe its my age, but it does get old esp bars/clubs, way too crowded, plus cops love pulling me over

Good Citizen

I stayed at home this year. Had some friends over, kind of a quiet night actually. All of the county/city traffic cops, plus HP were out in full force, and I just wasn't in the mood for crowds and lots of noise.