Newcomer

Default motortrend 2005 review

Valentine One
    $399.95
    www.valentineone.com
    Total points: 88

+ Outstanding radar and laser detection abilities
    - Lacks integrated laser jamming capabilities

With its directional arrows, combined with outstanding sensitivity across all bands, the Valentine One remains the standard by which all other radar/laser detectors are measured against.
    http://motortrend.com/features/consu...de/index8.html

Experienced

Unique to SML’s testing methodology is that all radar and laser guns used are operated by certified members of the local law enforcement authorities and the Texas Department of Public Safety. In addition, during all test runs, a member of the professional law enforcement team is present in each car, verifying the reaction of each detector. We believe that this level of impartiality and fairness is unprecedented in the testing of these products

Longsnowsm

Only SML can score one RD with the most points, and declare another product the winner... Amazing. SML has so much egg on their faces that they look like they were caught in a tornado at a chicken farm... And that is even before we talk about jammers!

Longsnowsm

Newcomer

What I don't understand is how a Bel 995 can out-perform an X50 if the RX65 is supposedly better than a 995. The RX65 (Roy's Choice) wasn't even ranked in these tests... I will agree though, that the V1 is a good RD, and even GOL proved that as well. But something just makes no sense though with a V995 being better than an X50.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tifas-Revenge
    What I don't understand is how a Bel 995 can out-perform an X50 if the RX65 is supposedly better than a 995. The RX65 (Roy's Choice) wasn't even ranked in these tests... I will agree though, that the V1 is a good RD, and even GOL proved that as well. But something just makes no sense though with a V995 being better than an X50.
    It's because the tests are NOT scientific. If the same tests were done hundreds of times the average performance of the RX65 would probably do better then the 995. Look at SML's test results for the V1 on KA band pop. They said it didn't detect it, however the GOL proved it detected it better then any other detector. What's up with that SML? SML is a joke and GoL is the new testing authority. I don't care if SML has crudentials and GoL doesn't. GoL isn't bought out.

JTW

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by JammerTests Webmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifas-Revenge
    It's because the tests are NOT scientific. If the same tests were done hundreds of times the average performance of the RX65 would probably do better then the 995. Look at SML's test results for the V1 on KA band pop. They said it didn't detect it, however the GOL proved it detected it better then any other detector. What's up with that SML? SML is a joke and GoL is the new testing authority. I don't care if SML has crudentials and GoL doesn't. GoL isn't bought out. JTW
    I agree. I think that if you took one of these tests and replaced every RD with Model (insert your RD here) so that you were testing 3 or 4 models of the same type against each other, you would get about the same differences as if you had tested the top performers in the real tests.

Professional

I am sad that SML is not honest on there test i was wrong sml is bought out to say good things. like on last years tests that the cobra xrs9700 was sniffing out ka band from 8.8 miles

carlito

Professional

I cant help but find this funny and laugh... I was alone when I questioned the results 9 months ago...

now I have thousands.

V1 Zombie

hang on i can feel it coming....... :mrgreen: Hahahahahahahhahahaaaa
    HahahahahahahhahahaaaaHaha I take a short brake and then hahahahahhahahaaaaHahahahahahahhahahaaaaHahahahaha hahhahahaaaa
    yes brent u da man that asked da right questions and what did you get S@$# for it. 8) Ding Dong Your Not Wrong!

Good Citizen

Default GOL??

so whats this GOL TEST