Power User

Default Ghosting Issue FIXED

I sent my V1 a weeks ago, and I wrote them a letter explaining what they have to look into.
    I just got a call from the tech, they were able to reproduce the ghosting in my V1, and they changed the parts that were producing the ghosting.
    I have to say that CS was excellent except for the old lady from sales

Professional

Default Re: Ghosting Issue FIXED

When I sent my V1 in for ghosting, they could not replicate it, but they replaced the parts that are know to false. It still falses.

Yoda of Radar

They told me mine was fixed also. Turned out, not so much.

Power User

I'll test it once it's in my hands, they at least replaced some faulty parts in my V1.

Power User

I just received my V1 and drove through the 2 fixed speed signs I usually drive by in my neighborhood.

Background: My V1 was 3.863 and it always ghosted since day 1 when driving through the speed signs. The speed signs are 3 miles apart going in both directions. Now, what ghosting for me? when I drove through the speed sign it gave me 3 on the bogey counter and 2 blips of Ka band. The problem is that there's usually a cronw vic shooting Ka in the middle of the road, so I could never speed.

After getting it back from VR: As soon as I turn on my V1, every setting was reset to factory settings. VR flash it from 3.863 to 3.864 ( I can turn X band off in euro mode), they flash it maybe because they replace some parts in my VR as they said. Now the interesting part, I just drove thourgh the speed signs 2 times to test it, the bogey counter shows 1 dead on, and it doesn't give any blips of Ka band.

In conclusion, I am much happier than the first day I received my 3.863. They definetely fixed the ghosting issue on my V1, it was because they could reproduce it in their lab.

Now the best part, I didn't have to pay a dime for parts and flashing . Weird, they changed my 1 Ft coiled cord for the 8 Ft.
    Last edited by speed-dreams; 02-05-2009 at 06:28 PM.

Experienced

So, it's been almost a year since buying mine and I wanted to send it in anyway for a tune-up. Do I have to include a letter asking for it? If I mention the ghosting, will it get a tuneup even if they can't reproduce it?

Thanks for the info!

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by gig103 View Post
    So, it's been almost a year since buying mine and I wanted to send it in anyway for a tune-up. Do I have to include a letter asking for it? If I mention the ghosting, will it get a tuneup even if they can't reproduce it?

Thanks for the info!
    you include a letter explaning why you're sending it and the problems you think it may have. If they can replicate the problem, they'll fix it. A tune up doesn't solve the ghosting problem. They replaced some parts in my V1 and reflashed it to version 3.864.