As I've written in other posts, I had several issues while trying to mount my V1 high above my rear view mirror. Im OCD about it and have spent hours trying to perfect a permanent safe mount.
Problems I ran in to:
1. Tint dots run across the top of windshield making it difficult for a seal on suction cups.
2. V1 mount would hit the rear view when mounted under the tint dots making it hard to mount level.
3. Visor mount stuck out way too much for me (obvious silhoette from front and rear showing I had a detector)
4. Suction cups from Cobra, Escort, and V1 all fail with time/temp changes and run the risk of having it randomly fall from the windshield and dangle from its hardwire.
5. I didnt like mounting it off to the side or the mirror because I always felt it would obstruct the rear antenna from certain angles.
6. I didnt like mounting it under the rear view because it was easy to see from outside the car.
I'm sure I'm forgetting some other things...but regardless.
I ended up taking my V1 visor mount, and straightening out the visor clip.
With it straightened out, I was able to remove the trim from the overhead light and secure the visor clip inside within the over head light area. Now I have a mount that will NEVER fall and it holds it level right above my rear view mirror.