Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Exclamation Biggest Ebay V1 Scam Around!!!!!!!!!

There is a guy on ebay charging an extra $100 for him to give you a detector which are "Custom modified 4 extreme performance" but all he has done is turn off X-band and turn on Ka more responsive

I can't people pay him for what they can learn how to do here:
    Ask Mike - Report #3

Here is his(rare_oakleys) description:
    The Valentine One radar detector is hailed as one of the top radar detectors in the market, and for very good reason. I would explain to you all of this, but if you are looking at this, you already know this and the reason why. This item is awesome in all respects and mine has saved my tail on more than one occasion.

One great feature about this one vs. others found on eBay is I have modified the settings eliminating X Band (the source of most false alarms and only used by police in NJ, Ohio, and I was informed of parts in Maryland) and also the Ka sensitivity has been increased offering an experience of the ultimate protection with fewest false alarms. I will revert these settings back to factory at buyers request. This feature is simply something you will not find anywhere else on Ebay. Your friend's V1 will not stack up and jealousy will certainly follow!!! I have been selling modified Valentines for 8 full years now, and have no-one unhappy to date. In fact, I get many emails from people telling me how well they have enjoyed theirs.

You may ask yourself; "Why doesn't Valentine set this like this from the factory as it is supposed to be the best already?" A great example to this question is: The car we buy new on a showroom floor is in its top performance straight from the dealer, right?....Wrong, we as tuners find that there are better tires, then come superchargers, intake systems, performance chips, etc. Goods we purchase are only designed for the masses, not the individual.

Includes great condition Brand new V1 version 1.8 w/ POP2 & Euro mode, coiled cord, power adapter, windshield mount, xtra suction cups, hardwire kit, & manual.
    This is the latest edition of firmware 3.872.

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Professional

Default Re: Biggest Ebay V1 Scam Around!!!!!!!!!

That guy is a fag. All he want is money. I understand it's eBay but something that anyone could do that he wants for more money is not right.

Good Citizen

My understanding is "more responsive" refers to the ramp up and has nothing to do with sensitivity?

Unless he is putting it in euro mode (which he wouldn't be) there is no way to adjust the sensitivity of the bands?

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by jezza_aus View Post
    My understanding is "more responsive" refers to the ramp up and has nothing to do with sensitivity?

Unless he is putting it in euro mode (which he wouldn't be) there is no way to adjust the sensitivity of the bands?
    Ka responsive does not do anything on sensitivity but only affects the ramp up.

There is no way adjusting sensitivity on any bands or Radar Detector at all.

Power User

I saw that as well.

Probably a good deal since I read on some internet forums that the V1 is almost impossible to program without years of training...

Experienced

Lightbulb Re: Biggest Ebay V1 Scam Around!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob View Post
    There is a guy on ebay charging an extra $100 for him to give you a detector which are "Custom modified 4 extreme performance"
    LOL

Power User

Sarcastic? If not, completely false. If you can tell up from down, you can program a V1.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by FoolishOne View Post
    Sarcastic? If not, completely false. If you can tell up from down, you can program a V1.
    Sarcasm. I was surprised at how easy it is to program.

Scratonicity Groupie

hmmm... sounds like a mission for GoL come test time.

Quote Originally Posted by thestaton View Post
    hmmm... sounds like a mission for GoL come test time.
    I hope that you guys are up to the challenge. It sounds really complicated.