Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Newcomer

Default About to complete V1 order...

So I am about to purchase my V1... couple of questions though...

1) Is it true that a V2 is coming out soon? If so should I just wait for that to come?

2) Could somebody please help me set up the settings that I will need for Florida.

3) Would it be better to purchase from V1's website, or from ebay.com? (of course the price is different, but I would rather take the opinions from you all)

Thanks again, and sorry for the newbie questions lol

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: About to complete V1 order...

Quote Originally Posted by RConcheiro View Post
    So I am about to purchase my V1... couple of questions though...

1) Is it true that a V2 is coming out soon? If so should I just wait for that to come?

2) Could somebody please help me set up the settings that I will need for Florida.

3) Would it be better to purchase from V1's website, or from ebay.com? (of course the price is different, but I would rather take the opinions from you all)

Thanks again, and sorry for the newbie questions lol
    There hasn't been any announcement whatsoever about the "V2" or if there will even be one if I'm correct. Buy the V1.

It's not to difficult to program. The only thing for Florida you should do is turn off X band radar since it's not used here. I would leave POP on since it's shown to help with K band and also might be used here.

Purchase from the V1 site directly. On eBay you have a pretty good chance of getting a stolen V1 or one that is somehow messed up (more likely).

Lead Foot

1) The V2 has been coming since 1992 so don't hold your breath waiting for that one. One great thing about the V1 is that they are upgradable. I've had mine since 1993 and I've upgraded it three times, but passed on the last upgrade with pop. So, if you want one get one and enjoy it til they come out with a new model, then you can upgrade if you want.

2) I'll let someone from your state answer that question.

3) Order from the site. You can find some good deals on ebay, but you can also find damaged or counterfeit detectors. Plus you won't have to worry about it being stolen and VR not upgrading it for you. Buy from VR where you will get the full warranty and great customer service.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by Zapple View Post
    There hasn't been any announcement whatsoever about the "V2" or if there will even be one if I'm correct. Buy the V1.

It's not to difficult to program. The only thing for Florida you should do is turn off X band radar since it's not used here. I would leave POP on since it's shown to help with K band and also might be used here.

Purchase from the V1 site directly. On eBay you have a pretty good chance of getting a stolen V1 or one that is somehow messed up (more likely).
    Thanks so much!

How far from Tampa is Citrus?

so basically turn off X, and leave Pop on, and should I also leave Ka on?

Radar Fanatic

Thanks so much!

How far from Tampa is Citrus?

so basically turn off X, and leave Pop on, and should I also leave Ka on?
    About 1 hour 30 minutes. That's right. Definitely leave Ka band on, that is becoming more widely used. Take a look at this link to find out how to turn X band off.

Newcomer

perfect. Thank you guys so much!

Lead Foot

You're welcome. Whatever you do, do not tinker with Ka band. That is the most recent and most dangerous of all radar bands. The newer Decatur and Kustom guns running at 35.5 Mhz are difficult to pick up. Plus those manufacturers along with Stalker (34.7 Mhz) make radar that can track multiple cars going in different directions - this includes the rabbit and you. So be careful when you get your V1 and learn how to use it. Leo's toys are getting more and more sophisticated.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Doh View Post
    You're welcome. Whatever you do, do not tinker with Ka band. That is the most recent and most dangerous of all radar bands. The newer Decatur and Kustom guns running at 35.5 Mhz are difficult to pick up. Plus those manufacturers along with Stalker (34.7 Mhz) make radar that can track multiple cars going in different directions - this includes the rabbit and you. So be careful when you get your V1 and learn how to use it. Leo's toys are getting more and more sophisticated.
    so you're saying leave Ka off?

Sorry, complete newbie here lol

Newcomer

also,

would you two recommend that I get the concealed display? I have very dark windows, and I believe I am gonna hard wire by the window visor.

my windows are about 5% tint

Experienced

so you're saying leave Ka off?

Sorry, complete newbie here lol
    Don't make any changes until you get familiar with the unit.
    DO NOT ADJUST Ka BAND! DON'T TOUCH!