Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Unhappy It saddens me to say but after 3 years of V1 ownership I finally...

Had a real Cop get J'd out....(What you think I got a ticket????)

Going along 195 in MA when I get what I believe is a Instant-on Ka Hit so I slow down and move out of the left lane. I then continue on in the cruising lane for about 1mile and then I get the V1 to start ramping up KA like normal as I turn to see a Mass Trooper with his lights on in the middle of a traffic stop...Then All the sudden my V1 J's out the KA signal which I believe is from the cop. I turn the V1 on and off and it alerts to the Trooper's Ka and then J's it out again.

Now I guess its time to finally send in my .826 in for a tune-up. The problem is I have a major road trip for the last weekend in february and I am not sure how long it will take VR to do a tune up as I never sent my detector into them before....Thank God I have my BEL v995 to use but I'll miss the arrows for the time being

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Power User

Default Re: It saddens me to say but after 3 years of V1 ownership I finally...

congrats, now you know what j'ing a real Ka is lol... I break hard when I see Js...

Radar Fanatic

I was about to say! Stealthiest person on the board best not be gettin' tickets!

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Zapple View Post
    I was about to say! Stealthiest person on the board best not be gettin' tickets!
    What are you talking about? I haven't got any tickets?

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post
    What are you talking about? I haven't got any tickets?
    http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...cket-veil.html

A Mustang is not a stealth car

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Zapple View Post
    What's your point? I'm so stealth, I got a ticket for overstealthiness!

Power User

Isn't that one of the things that make an .813 desirable?

Just wondering...

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by srtga View Post
    Isn't that one of the things that make an .813 desirable?

Just wondering...
    Yes, .619 to .813.

Founder of Stealthvation

no J out BS with 3.813 and below. Face it guys if you own a V1 1.8 firm 3.826 and lower you need to send it in once every two years for a tune up. $45 is not much to have a top performing V1
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob View Post
    Had a real Cop get J'd out....(What you think I got a ticket????)

Going along 195 in MA when I get what I believe is a Instant-on Ka Hit so I slow down and move out of the left lane. I then continue on in the cruising lane for about 1mile and then I get the V1 to start ramping up KA like normal as I turn to see a Mass Trooper with his lights on in the middle of a traffic stop...Then All the sudden my V1 J's out the KA signal which I believe is from the cop. I turn the V1 on and off and it alerts to the Trooper's Ka and then J's it out again.

Now I guess its time to finally send in my .826 in for a tune-up
    I have the same version as yours and did some testing for a couple months using different Ka radar units onboard regarding the J issue. I have encountered a few of these incidents to where it will J out LEO and it always does this with 35.5 - my locals use kustom and that is how I knew it.

In my testing and observation, the J alert happens when the signal strength decreases or as you pass by the source depending on reflection. One test I did was to turn POP on to increase frequency of J alerts. I would have my radar remote handy in standby mode and turn my radar unit on when I get the J alerts. Each time this happens - J alerts and turn my radar on, the V1 will get out of J alert and changes to regular Ka alert instantly with no lag. Radar units used were Kustom GE, Stalker Dual and MPH python FS. Seems to me that, the V1 will automatically J an alert when it gets to it's threshold to what it's program to do. So far my 826 has never failed me and had it now for 2 yrs. without any tuneup done to it yet.
    Last edited by KnightHawk; 02-18-2009 at 06:30 PM.