Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V-1 Silent

Power User

Default V-1 Silent

Yep, that is what happend today. Now I am only asking these questions as I am not to familiar with this detector. I drive almost all day. I rarley take the detecor off the windo or shut the truck off. The V-1 did fine all day. Sometime during the day though I disconnected it. I pluged it back in and ran into several differnt officers. Even shot video of a K band sign. (will be up later) Anyway I was in this apartment complex and an officer comes around the corner and the V-1 was silent. I though ok he has it turned off. About 15 miles later I suddenly realized I had not heard a thing out of it

I then new that a false was approaching me. It was a good will store and it should go off there. It was silent. So I turned it off and back on and after booting up it alerted to good will? I am guessing this is just heat? Anyone ever had this happen.

OUTRUN

Radar Fanatic

could be....

is the false k band? as you may already know some people are having problems with the v1 detecting k band!

i'd take it as a one off thing...... if it does it again then i'd send it in for a service.... or ring them up and explain what happened with one of their techs!

as stated in the v1 manual they dont want you to have doubts!

Radar Fanatic

That's pretty disconcerting. I have read that older bel remotes could be sensitive to voltage spikes and would sometimes behave like this if allowed to start up with the engine. They problem could be resolved by powering it off and on to give it a "clean" start. Maybe it had something to do with a calibration or check done during startup?

Founder of Stealthvation

Return it to V1 for repair but your name must match with the serial number :wink:
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Longsnowsm

The only time I have had anything like that happen is if I have left the V1 on for a long time... Such as several days without powering it off(my power outlet is not switched). I sometimes will forget to turn it off and not drive the car for a few days. I come out and start down the road. There is a business alarm just down the street from my house. I will be driving along and not hear the alarm, go to turn on the V1 and it is already on... A power cycle and all is normal again.

So I always make sure I have done a power cycle if I come out and get in the car and I have left the V1 on.

Longsnowsm

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Longsnowsm
    The only time I have had anything like that happen is if I have left the V1 on for a long time... Such as several days without powering it off(my power outlet is not switched). I sometimes will forget to turn it off and not drive the car for a few days. I come out and start down the road. There is a business alarm just down the street from my house. I will be driving along and not hear the alarm, go to turn on the V1 and it is already on... A power cycle and all is normal again.

So I always make sure I have done a power cycle if I come out and get in the car and I have left the V1 on.

Longsnowsm
    Hmm. Well I stop about 30 times a day. So that is about 30 times that I start the truck. So either I unplug when starting or turn it off. But that seems the same as if I were to just turn the truck off.

Radar Fanatic

put a switch in if its hardwired!

then you wont have to worry about voltage spikes!

when i leave my snooper on, when i start the engine it beeps wether this is because there is a surge in power or a loss in power due to starting i'm not sure.. it would be any!

Longsnowsm

Outrun,
    I don't know if Ford changed the circuit on your truck since yours is newer than mine, but I know on mine my outlets are not switched. So they stay hot even when the key is off. When I turn on my truck the V1 takes a power hit and does what sounds like a normal power up cycle. I have found that does not always do the trick. Even in my car it is the same way. The outlets are not switched and I get the same behavior. I just have to remember to turn it off or unplug it. It is the only way to be sure I am getting a good clean power cycle. With vehicles that I have owned that have switched outlets I have never had the problem. I personally prefer the non-switched as I like to leave my cell phone plugged in and charging. With the switched outlets my ***beep*** phone power is sucked back into the system and goes dead.

I have noticed this over the years with the V1 and it isn't a new behavior at all. Just one of it's peculiarities that I guess I picked up on due to my vehicles.

Also just an added tidbit... Symptoms of this problem may just be it won't alert, and sometimes the symptoms are that it will go crazy with alerts. When I am in doubt I power cycle the unit.

I hope that helps.

Longsnowsm

Professional

off topic.OUTRUN i know you been with the v1 for a few weeks now but from your own real world experience do u really think that the v1 has alot
    more range on ka band than the x50 or bel rx-65 unit i know you own them both that is why i ask u this hope no one takes this the wrong way
    peace out!

carlito

V1 Zombie

One time i had the V1 power plug half connected this gave it hell. It would not alert to K band on any setting :shock: . What i did to to fix this was repower it up fully connected then i reset it back to the factory settings powered it up again then set it back to my customs settings it went just find after that.