Thread: Ka False

Good Citizen

Default Ka False

I was heading west on 44th in Wyoming MI here the other day, and kept getting a Ka signal (there is never a false on this stretch). I haven't heard it since (I drive that road daily). The only thing I can think of is the Armory ball diamond there ... anyone know if the radar used for clocking pitches is Ka?

Radar Fanatic

Was it behind you and prolonged or ahead and very short? Either case can be a leaky, junky, obnoxious detector like an old uniden or something. When I was in Wisconsin on a business trip I had a Ka false behind me that took a solid 10 minutes to figure out because the detector was so bad. After I slowed down I waited for the trooper to pass but the arrows pointed out large SUV with the detector prominently displayed on the windshield.

The former case is the more common, though. It's easy to pick up a junky detector that's coming straight at you in the opposing lane, but fortunately those falses don't last long and are easy to recognize once you realize what's going on. I have had surprisingly good performance from the "J" alert but sometimes it gets overpowered by the sheer crappiness of the offending device.

Any of this ring a bell?

Professional

I hate crappy detectors....

Good Citizen

Default Crappy Detector

I hadn't thought of that, but I bet that's what it was. It stayed ahead of me (no side arrows) and was intermittant (hilly stretch of road). My V1 also J'd out one of the alerts.

Thanks

Professional

And yes, to answer your question, the Stalker Pro gun is Ka while the Stalker Sport is K. These are the most widely used guns for baseball related stuff.