Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default V1 too many false alarms...

Hi ive gottem ny V1(euromode) and my biggest problem is the too many false alarms when aproaching towns is there any way around this or do i have to get a replacement RD??

Last edited by zakdk; 03-04-2009 at 03:33 PM.

Professional

Default Re: V1 too many false alarms...

what country are you operating it in?

Are you familiar with V1Dave's custom settings config?

Power User

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...h-newbies.html

try setting 30 second auto mute and running litte L mode when driving around town

Experienced

Unfortunately, many automatic door openers, garage openers, and some TV satellites run on the similar band/frequencies of radar as that of the police, and must report it to you. You have to learn how to read the arrows and bogey counter. Like most other detectors, the V1 has no filtering or "DSP" at factory settings, so you're going to be picking up everything.

Read about the arrows on V1's website and how you will be able to know which alerts are false and which aren't. For instance, If you pick up a faint X or K signal with a forward arrow, and as you pass a CVS pharmacy, it goes from a straight arrow to side arrow, and then down to a back arrow, then you can safely say that you've identified the now "false" source as the CVS. Once you've learned how to read the V1 you should become more comfortable with it.

If the falses are still too aggravating then you can do as what was said above and throw it in to little or big L mode, and program it to mute out K signals for 10-30 seconds. You can learn how to do this by going here: Ask Mike - Report #3

Before you start screwing around with the settings, make sure you know your area. It is very important you know where X and K are used (if they are used at all). If you are certain Ka is the only radar used, then you can safely turn off X & K.

You need to grow into the V1 though. Once you become familiar with it, the V1 will begin "speaking" to you.

I don't have any personal experience, but I've been dying to try it out. But my STi saved me on 2 big occasions under very difficult circumstances, so I am very reluctant to replace it, even with a V1. I just know by watching all these youtube videos that it is truly a marvel when spotting out various LEOs and telling you where they are, while showing you the where the falses are!

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by zakdk View Post
    Hi ive gottem ny V1(euromode) and my biggest problem is the too many false alarms when aproaching towns is there any way around this or do i have to get a replacement RD??
    You purchased a RADAR DETECTOR and you are complaining about it working.

Sell your radar detector and drive the speed limit. It is not a COP DETECTOR.

Experienced

Ah leave the new guy alone...give him some credit...at least he made V1 his first detector, instead of a Cobra or cheap Whistler.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Xen0n flash View Post
    Ah leave the new guy alone...give him some credit...at least he made V1 his first detector, instead of a Cobra or cheap Whistler.
    hey, the cheapest whistler is still better than the most expensive cobra. Mike B might take some offense to that statement.

Experienced

Who is Mike B?

Radar Fanatic

Moderator of the whistler board and also an engineer at whistler. He is an awesome guy and if you have whistler RDs and have a problem he is the man to talk too. He in my opinion represents what the RD industry should be. In touch with his customer base and provides the best customer service.

Experienced

I see....sorry Mike B