Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default rear antenna seems more sensitive on ka then the front antenna

I have following this very closley and I have notice that only on ka band that the rear antenna is more sensitive then the front antenna. But on k band the front antenna is more sensitive then the rear antenna. Why do you think this is like this.

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: rear antenna seems more sensitive on ka then the front antenna

When I first got My V1, I swore up and down my front antenna was less sensitive then my rear, actually the front antenna was lackluster by any means. I sent it back for them to fix a blemish from the factory, and told them something was wrong with it.... the antenna... yada-yada-yada:

Eventually they replaced my V1's internals and that solved the problem...

Radar Fanatic
    Last edited by Cips; 03-11-2009 at 06:50 PM.

Radar Fanatic

On 35.5 Ka, 90 degree off-axis encounters, I notice a significant difference with the rear antenna being more sensitive.

GTO_04
    Last edited by GTO_04; 03-12-2009 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by V1 on the go View Post
    I have following this very closley and I have notice that only on ka band that the rear antenna is more sensitive then the front antenna. But on k band the front antenna is more sensitive then the rear antenna. Why do you think this is like this.
    It could be the antenna itself, or it could be a problem with the separate circuit board which discriminates the front and rear antenna received signal strengths, and from this info determines which arrow to light up. Yet you mention that K band seems to be fine whereas Ka does not. Thus I suspect a problem with Ka for the front antenna. I think that AirMoore hits the nail on the head and that you really do have a problem with Ka sensitivity for the front antenna.

My rear antenna has always been slightly more sensitive on all bands.
    ".....in honour of the last American hero to whom speed means freedom of the soul. The question is not when's he gonna stop, but who is gonna stop him...."

V1+LI

Good Citizen

After reading this thread, I started to wonder if my rear antenna is more sensitive then my front. Well I just got onto spring break so I was traveling home today (9 hours). It came to mind that i should test this out to see if it was true or not. So what I would do to test this out is that when I passed a strong radar signal, I would turn the V1 around to see if there was any difference and then I would turn it around again. What I found on mine at least is that my front antenna is stronger then my rear one.

There was one cobra user that gave out no K signal until I was next to her and then once I passed the car there was a extremely large signal. Got to love them cobra's. There like the Cowboys... They suck, but people still love them.

I might have to give VR call and see what they say about it this situation.

Lead Foot

One of my v1s was doing this so I sent it in after a color LED display mod. Valentine sent it back to me a month ago, but I've been out of town. I'll play with it tommorrow and see how much better it is.

ok I have talk to VR and sent my v1 for a cheack up and see it they could find any problems with it. Do I call them to see if they recieved it or do they call me.
    Last edited by V1 on the go; 03-16-2009 at 11:20 AM.