Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Lead Foot

Default Running Dual V1s?

Anyone tried this? Any possible problems? I have two v1s, but I've never put them in the same car. I just got a splitter to be able to connect my phone charger and the v1 at the same time, but the idea of two v1s popped into my head.

Banned

Default Re: Running Dual V1s?

Quote Originally Posted by Samir View Post
    Anyone tried this? Any possible problems? I have two v1s, but I've never put them in the same car. I just got a splitter to be able to connect my phone charger and the v1 at the same time, but the idea of two v1s popped into my head.
    Not a good idea, generally there is always a chance of interference. Ether suppressing an alert or falsing for no reason, even missing one all together. The only possibility of running 2 RD's together is if one of the is completely stealth like the STI, CI, STI-R.

I wish this would work, i would love to run a V1 and 9500ix.

Lets chant... stealth V1, stealth V1, stealth V1, stealth V1, stealth V1...

Legal in 41 States

Anything "stealth" doesn't mean it doesn't have emissions, it just means they changed the output to outside the Spectre's range.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by REBinc View Post
    Anything "stealth" doesn't mean it doesn't have emissions, it just means they changed the output to outside the Spectre's range.
    Thank you, good point.

But wouldn't that be Spectre immune as apposed to stealth? Kind of like VG2 immune.

Legal in 41 States

Quote Originally Posted by CJR238 View Post
    Thank you, good point.

But wouldn't that be Spectre immune as apposed to stealth? Kind of like VG2 immune.
    Are any detectors truly stealth that are out now then?

Banned

Are any detectors truly stealth that are out now then?
    I guess we really don't know till a full test is done on the CI, STI & STI-R. My guess is remote Spectre & VG2 immune units are as close as we can get.

Lead Foot

I used to run a Cobra and a Uniden side-by-side for a few years before I got my first v1. They played nice together and it was really easy to see a false signal when only one detector was detecting.

I tried both v1s and they play nice together too. It's interesting to watch one pick up a signal earlier than the other. The arrows will also sometimes change quicker on or the other.

I need to check the firmware on both to see if that may be why they act slightly different. I thought they would behave a lot more in sync.

On a side note, it is interesting to hear them both start up at the same time. It's like v1s powerup in stereo.

Power User

Is there any point to running two of the same detector together at all? I mean I can understand motivation for running two different-brand detectors together...

The M3 antenna has no microwave emissions -- at least nothing which can be measured with lab equipment at more than 2 feet or so away from the antenna.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by jdong View Post
    Is there any point to running two of the same detector together at all? I mean I can understand motivation for running two different-brand detectors together...
    I didn't think there would be much point to two v1s, but the more I run this way, the more I like it. Well, except that when they both start talking, it's like trying to listen to two twins arguing.

Firmware versions are 3.826 and 3.872. Maybe this is why they do operate differently?