Default V1 POP on increase Ka band sensitivy or not?

I was wondering if I turn POP on, would this increase ka band sensitivy like it does with k band.

Experienced

Default Re: V1 POP on increase Ka band sensitivy or not?

Quote Originally Posted by V1Zombie View Post
    I was wondering if I turn POP on, would this increase ka band sensitivy like it does with k band.
    I though pop was only for Ka? After a few weeks, here is my experience. Pop off. Less J outs on Ka. With Pop on, more Ka falses or short bursts of Ka, especially around the k-band speed signs. I found that the falses are usually at a distance or if there is a large vehicle deflecting the signal from the sign. I turned pop back on for the last trip. I think I'm going to just live with it on. I have the concealed display hooked up and it's easy to just reach up and mute now.

Radar Fanatic

A few members report that POP on slightly increases K and Ka band sensitivity. I suggest you do your own testing. I did. With POP off, I received less J-Outs, more consistent Ka alerts, and better Ka ramp up. With POP on I noticed no increase in K or Ka sensitivity.

Radar Fanatic

I haven't noticed alot of difference with it on or off seems about the same.

Good Citizen

I will try turning mine off and see what happens.

Lead Foot

I called Valentine Research and asked them what pop on would do in a state where there was not pop. In other words, was it worth keeping it turned on. The lady I spoke with (Mike V's wife?) said it enabled the V1 to "look further down the road and sniff out Ka and K band". So according to what she told me it does increase the unit's sensitivity on K band.

Power User

GOL did some test back in 2007. Check the link and scroll down until you get to the V1 part.
    Guys of LIDAR - Radar Detector Test - August 2007

Quote Originally Posted by KnightHawk View Post
    GOL did some test back in 2007. Check the link and scroll down until you get to the V1 part.
    Guys of LIDAR - Radar Detector Test - August 2007
    It looks like with x and pop off, there is a little difference. But with pop on and with other bands on there really isnt any improvment.

I have noticed more sensitvity on k band with pop on but with more ka falsing & jouts it isn't worth the aggrivation so I keep pop off , as for ka I'm not sure if it picks up ka anybetter either way

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Doh View Post
    I called Valentine Research and asked them what pop on would do in a state where there was not pop. In other words, was it worth keeping it turned on. The lady I spoke with (Mike V's wife?) said it enabled the V1 to "look further down the road and sniff out Ka and K band". So according to what she told me it does increase the unit's sensitivity on K band.
    I did the same thing this morning, when one of there techs called I asked him with pop turned on does ka and or k band sensitivy increase. He said yes it looks futher down on both bands.