Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V1 Broken?

Newcomer

Default V1 Broken?

Picked up a V1 from a friends friend. Have had it in my vehicle for two days now and I have only been alerted twice, but it went away REALLY quick. I am thinking this is 'weird' because I am in a metro area and have passed a lot of establishments that should at least register.

Thoughts? Maybe I just have been 'getting lucky'? If I do send my unit in, how long will it take to get back? Going on a decent road trip and would love to have it with me.

Newcomer

Default Re: V1 Broken?

I'd give it a longer trial period before sending it in. Hit the highway and go through some tolls (laser), pass construction signs that usually trigger K, or whatever else likely to set it off...(find an infinite with cruise control on )

Quote Originally Posted by NotSoSimple View Post
    Picked up a V1 from a friends friend. Have had it in my vehicle for two days now and I have only been alerted twice, but it went away REALLY quick. I am thinking this is 'weird' because I am in a metro area and have passed a lot of establishments that should at least register.

Thoughts? Maybe I just have been 'getting lucky'? If I do send my unit in, how long will it take to get back? Going on a decent road trip and would love to have it with me.

Newcomer

Dive up to the automatic doors. It could be so far off axis that it dosent see them. Also if you want to know if it alerts at all... If have another detector aim them at each other point blank and hopefully the V1 will begin to false. $45 to send it in. Accordng to others it takes about a whole week until you get it back.

And, of course, check the V1's settings to see if any bands were turned off. There is an advanced settings tutorial on Valentine's web site.

Newcomer

Have had it since the 17th and have recieved 2 alerts. Went through yesterday and found the programming, everything was set to factory. I am in Salt Lake City, UT so alot of traffic on the freeway. Took a cruise last night up and down I15 and around downtown..Nothing at all.

Called Valentine today and they said def send it in. Said it would only take a few business days and if I overnight it to them, they would overnight it back. Hopefully that is the case.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by NotSoSimple View Post
    Have had it since the 17th and have recieved 2 alerts. Went through yesterday and found the programming, everything was set to factory. I am in Salt Lake City, UT so alot of traffic on the freeway. Took a cruise last night up and down I15 and around downtown..Nothing at all.

Called Valentine today and they said def send it in. Said it would only take a few business days and if I overnight it to them, they would overnight it back. Hopefully that is the case.
    I had a similar issue and I can attest that they turned it around really quickly... and as soon as I fired it up, it behaved totally differently - so I'm glad I sent it in

Newcomer

Glad to hear it is quick. I sent it overnight today, so Monday delivery. In my letter I asked if it was possible, to try and get it to me by next Friday as I am leaving that night for my every couple of months 1600 mile trip

And please let us know how it does on your long trip.

Newcomer

I definitely will. The main areas I am concerned about are I-80 between Salt Lake City, UT and Winnemucca, NV and Hwy 140 from the Oregon border all the way into Medford, OR. OSP is pretty sneaky in the mtns on 140, and NSP like to sit hidden in the median.

Newcomer

Got mine back today! They overnighted it last night and it was dropped off this AM, just like they said. Have not had a chance to go test it, but I will at lunch.