Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Lead Foot

Default Re: Valentine one False Ka Ban alerts in New Zealand Help please!!

Quote Originally Posted by jackcc5 View Post
    thanks dave
    Two more posts and I believe you can PM, if not then it's 12 more (25 posts).

V1 Zombie

just got my Valentine one now it false alerts on ka ban. other radar detectors are seting it off real annoying im looking at selling it if i cant fix it because our
    Police use Ka ban and it puts me on Edge all the time. my old beltronics done better.does anyone know how to fix this problem
    Thanks Dave. I reckon you have your Ka alert guard turned off. My old V1 would false Ka alert maybe once a week but not all the time. When the Ka alert guard was off it did what your V1's doing. Re-check the Ask Mike - Report #3 . Make sure you got it right if so something bads goin on

it doesnt make a diffrence if the gard is on or off i have looked on valentine website tryed the reprograming and its a no go. thanks for trying to help im selling the v1 and going buying a bel rx65 i know and trust the beltronics brand i have had my rx55 for years only reson why i dont like it and sold it is because i moved in to town and it false alerts on k ban pop and x ban. so now with the rx 65 i can turn them bans off still detect police mobile speed cameras and laser with out the false alerts. well im hopeing.

our police use the stalker DSR1 ka 34.7

Newcomer

I've noticed that false Ka-band alarms can come from another radar detector around that one if Ka Guard is off. Example, I have a Rx65 4.5 and V1 3.872. When V1 is on and I turn on my Rx65, the V1 shows Ka-band alarms and sometimes K-band alarms.

V1 Zombie

it doesnt make a diffrence if the gard is on or off i have looked on valentine website tryed the reprograming and its a no go. thanks for trying to help im selling the v1 and going buying a bel rx65 i know and trust the beltronics brand i have had my rx55 for years only reson why i dont like it and sold it is because i moved in to town and it false alerts on k ban pop and x ban. so now with the rx 65 i can turn them bans off still detect police mobile speed cameras and laser with out the false alerts. well im hopeing.

our police use the stalker DSR1 ka 34.7
    and 35.5 ka.34.6 ka (vans) 24.1 k band van

Your V1 is faulty or you are still getting it all wrong, because it does make a big diff. I don't know what you have been reading but read some more about the v1. It's called selectable bands which the v1 has, infact it had them way before the rx65 was even herd of. If i were you take the V1 into "radar direct" wellington or chc let them check it out before you go wasting money on a rx65.

Experienced

I just purchased a used V1 yesterday (used). I am getting False Ka alerts almost constantly. I am going to be sending it in on Monday but I just wanted to inform you guys that I am going through the same issue.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by niran916 View Post
    I just purchased a used V1 yesterday (used). I am getting False Ka alerts almost constantly. I am going to be sending it in on Monday but I just wanted to inform you guys that I am going through the same issue.
    V1 (3.812) Oh, that's right you bought the Craig's list one.
    Saw that and was tempting, that's the problem with used almost always something wrong.
    Have you contacted VR to check on the serial number?
    Do you know how to go into reprogramming?
    You need to check option 6 Ka guard like ghz was talking about,
    if it is arrow down the V1 will false with itself on Ka.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by V1 Dave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by niran916 View Post
    V1 (3.812) Oh, that's right you bought the Craig's list one.
    Saw that and was tempting, that's the problem with used almost always something wrong.
    Have you contacted VR to check on the serial number?
    Do you know how to go into reprogramming?
    You need to check option 6 Ka guard like ghz was talking about,
    if it is arrow down the V1 will false with itself on Ka.
    I did call V1 before I purchased it and it was clear. When I start it up it does not false for about 30 seconds. so when I purchased it i just turned in on to make sure it worked and no error messages. I did try the reprogramming and the arrow was up already.

I thought it could be my car although it does it in both of my vehicles. Good news is that I was planning on sending it in for a tune up.

Thanks for the help.

Radar Fanatic

VR does really good work, it will work like new and you should not get ghosting bogy's like many newer models are prone to.
    Typically VR replaces the scratched antenna covers as well.
    Don't know how scratched up your case is but they will replace that for about $40

You might ask VR in your repair note if it is possible to upgrade your firmware to 3.813 but that you want to keep the existing hardware or non pop. (more popular version)
    Other V1 owners have made similar moves such as 3.818 to 3.819 (pop version)
    or 3.821 to 3.826 (euro version)

Also heard of stories that if the person you bought it from was original owner and called VR to notify it was sold to you, you might get free repairs and ship back like many of us are getting as original owners.
    Last edited by V1 Dave; 05-17-2009 at 10:30 AM.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by V1 Dave View Post
    VR does really good work, it will work like new and you should not get ghosting bogy's like many newer models are prone to.
    Typically VR replaces the scratched antenna covers as well.
    Don't know how scratched up your case is but they will replace that for about $40

You might ask VR in your repair note if it is possible to upgrade your firmware to 3.813 but that you want to keep the existing hardware or non pop. (more popular version)
    Other V1 owners have made similar moves such as 3.818 to 3.819 (pop version)
    or 3.821 to 3.826 (euro version)

Also heard of stories that if the person you bought it from was original owner and called VR to notify it was sold to you, you might get free repairs and ship back like many of us are getting as original owners.

Overall the unit looks in great condition, I have read that many owners are keeping the older firmware as well. I will include a note with it as well. I did have a question. The site says to include a credit card in the box. On the note I mentioned to give me a call for payment (credit card). Would that be ok with V1? Also they mention to send it prepaid, does that mean send it with paid return shipping as well?