Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional

Default Does Mike know about this?

<competitor's link removed - jimbonzzz>

I thought V1's could only be sold new by Valentine, and the markup on this detector indicates that it was purchased at retail price and is being resold. If I understand correctly and anyone on this board knows Mike (or at least has some contact with him), please let him know. If I'm just an idiot, please disregard this message and tell me as much.

Advanced Member

People can buy the V1 and re-sell them if they want to, but they have to pay retail prices just like the rest of us:

http://www.valentine1.com/lab/Previously5.asp

"Occasionally a few entrepreneurs act as if they're dealers or distributors. They're not; they pay the same list prices we ask of all comers."

Jim

Newcomer

I really dont understand these retarded people that do this....whats the point

Advanced Member

Part of it is that VR only ships to the US and a few Canadian provinces, if people in other countries want one they have to rely on Ebay or one of these "resellers"....

Lead Foot

Valentine will except mine back for an upgrade but they wont ship it back to me in the UK
    I have a friend going out to the US very soon so considering if it's worth
    asking him to take it and ship it back to Valentine for an upgrade.
    Do you think they would be able to ship it back to the US address in less then 10 days ?

Lead Foot

I would say yes if you have your friend overnight it to VR and pay for overnight back to your friends US adddress.

Good Citizen

Why don't Valentine sell overseas, even now when they have Euro mode for photo cameras? I guess Mike has his own way of thinking, but surely his sales would be boosted X amount if his product were sold overseas.
    I have seen shops here selling the V1 for $599 US! Now thats a sweet markup!
    If I remember correctly VR won't post to any Hotels in the US so your friend should be at a correct address, I had to jump thru hoops to get mine, then I had to do it all again for the upgrade! But it was worth it all!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Valentine
    We accept orders that have a ship-to address in the U.S. or the AB, BC, or SK provinces of Canada. No exceptions. We hope some day to serve customers worldwide, but for the foreseeable future we simply can’t.

Here’s why. There’s no fast, affordable, and problem-free delivery method to other addresses that can deal with Customs and assure your satisfaction. If you have a friend in the U.S. or AB, BC, or SK provinces of Canada, we can ship to your designated intermediary.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Valentine
    We accept orders that have a ship-to address in the U.S. or the AB, BC, or SK provinces of Canada. No exceptions. We hope some day to serve customers worldwide, but for the foreseeable future we simply can’t.

Here’s why. There’s no fast, affordable, and problem-free delivery method to other addresses that can deal with Customs and assure your satisfaction. If you have a friend in the U.S. or AB, BC, or SK provinces of Canada, we can ship to your designated intermediary.
    Fedex/DHL. Enough said.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seven
    If I remember correctly VR won't post to any Hotels in the US
    They WILL ship to Hotels in the USA......that's how I got mine...... :wink: