Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Professional

Default Re: Busted: Instant On

One thing i love about Georgia is the speed enforcement.They don't bother you if your going straight and just cruising along at a reasonable speed.It's when you start cookin and hoggin the left lane that'll get ya.

Power User

I have a thread and a couple posts. This was the most recent:
    Quote Originally Posted by FoolishOne View Post
    That's my ticket. Had 3 rabbits traveling 87-88 in a 70. We had to pass a car in the right lane. Everybody passed and got over already, leaving me hung out to dry in the LL. The first rabbit was no less then 1/4 mile ahead.

No prior alert, V1 lights up like a Christmas tree with 34.7. Ticket for the full 88 in a 70. At least 75% of that ticket was because of the LL, rest was because I had NJ plates in Alabama.
    No CB radio. No video. It sucks all the way around.

Yoda of Radar

I have a thread and a couple posts. This was the most recent:
    That's my ticket. Had 3 rabbits traveling 87-88 in a 70. We had to pass a car in the right lane. Everybody passed and got over already, leaving me hung out to dry in the LL. The first rabbit was no less then 1/4 mile ahead.

No prior alert, V1 lights up like a Christmas tree with 34.7. Ticket for the full 88 in a 70. At least 75% of that ticket was because of the LL, rest was because I had NJ plates in Alabama.
    No CB radio. No video. It sucks all the way around.
    Painful, and its a bummer you didn't have your CB or video camera... I know how that goes though.

Lead Foot

Dang that sucks foolish. Yep you were in northeast Bama. Not much experience up that way, but I/O is definetly a major part of State Trooper training. To the guys talking about GA/AL drivers, yep we are definately fast. The LEO that pulled us over indicated that if we were just a bit slower, he might not be writing the ticket. And to answer the other question, we pulled the V1 down off the window before the Trooper got up to our window.

I also thought you guys would think this is funny. This ticket was going down to a bachelor party for one of our friends. The same guy that was driving on this day, called me yesterday and told me that on the way to getting fitted for his tuxedo, he got ANOTHER TICKET!! This time 58 in a 35. I'm like dude, I think its time you learn to drive or at least get some countermeasures! Either way, bet he is going to be glad when this wedding is over with.
    Last edited by crisptito; 04-19-2009 at 08:48 PM.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Clay_in_Nashville View Post
    Drivers in Alabama and Georgia are, in my opinion, some of the fastest drivers in the country. If you had been going 14 or 15 over there is a good chance you would have gotten off.
    TN is the fastest in the southeast from what I've seen. I always find TN drivers are going 15+ no matter what state they are in.

Now, NM and AZ is crazy. 90 is crusing speed in that area. And then there's the LA area when traffic is clear. It's 90 in all lanes, and there is no passing lane, because there's no room to pass.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by crisptito View Post
    So, if you guys ever find yourself traveling through AL, be warned that our staties are well trained in I/O speed measurement.
    That's for sure. AL and TN are some of the best. Mississippi is even better than that, if you can believe it. I once got two tickets in one day in that state. GA is more laxed than AL/TN, but you better still be on your toes.

I'm in North Alabama. Hate to hear of your bust FoolishOne. Left foot braking is your friend!

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Samir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crisptito View Post
    So, if you guys ever find yourself traveling through AL, be warned that our staties are well trained in I/O speed measurement.
    That's for sure. AL and TN are some of the best. Mississippi is even better than that, if you can believe it. I once got two tickets in one day in that state. GA is more laxed than AL/TN, but you better still be on your toes.
    And then many Texas DPS have Spetre along with I/O. I can't compare their skills to AL/GA/MS in terms of I/O since I never drove through there but rode through.

I'm sure AL/GA have some of the fastest drivers in the Nation.

I'm not here to compete but it's true.

Power User

AL > TX

EDIT: Something must have JUST happened with the capitalization. It won't capitalize 2 consecutive letters!

EDIT II: After enough edits, it stuck, yay!

EDIT III: It won't allow more than 1 space between ANYTHING!
    Last edited by FoolishOne; 04-23-2009 at 02:29 PM.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by An0nym0us View Post
    And then many Texas DPS have Spetre along with I/O. I can't compare their skills to AL/GA/MS in terms of I/O since I never drove through there but rode through.

I'm sure AL/GA have some of the fastest drivers in the Nation.

I'm not here to compete but it's true.
    I drove through Texas and spent about a week in Dallas and Houston last month. TX was alright in terms of their radaring and traps. I wasn't impressed. GA is about twice as good, and AL/TN is 2x as GA. MS is just another 10% on top of AL/TN, but considering how good AL/TN is, that 10% puts them really up there. I mean, how often do you get two tickets in one day, especially when you are experienced at avoiding them? And this was even with rabbits.

Banned

here in Atlanta you can do 85+ in a group of cars a lot of times