Thread: Ouch, busted!

Lead Foot

Default Ouch, busted!

I was going to the convienence on my way home from work. I was on this little backstreet I use to get there with houses on both sides and a school up the road from the houses, but it's all a straight shot about half a mile, maybe less. Anyhow, I turn on said street and almost instantly pick up K band @ 2 LEDs with arrows pointing dead ahead. The speed limit is 25 and I'm doing the exact speed limit looking for the LEO. I drive and the signal gets a little stronger, maybe 4 LEDs or so. I keep looking and the signal holds at about the same streangth. I pass the school and get a side arrow and I'm looking for the LEO. I can't seem to spot him, and the streanght of the alert has gone down to like 1 bar. I'm like WTF? Well while looking for the LEO, I see this truck flying up on my a$$. I'm like damn dude, you need to slow down. He gets about 50ft from the back of my car and the V1 lights up with rearward arrow. I'm like, maybe dude is some kind of undercover cop or something. I'm looking at his truck trying to see if I can see any lights or anything. Well we come to a stop sign. I come to a complete stop and then turn. That's when I see MR. LEO behind the truck.

Sucks to be the dude in the truck. I'm sure he was doing about 45 or so, and I'm sure the fact it was in a residential area and school zone won't help him any. I still don't know were the LEO was hiding, but thanks to the arrows I at least new an approximate area of were to look and at least new the threat was behind me. Thanks Valentine, I love my little electronic driving companion.

Power User

Default Re: Ouch, busted!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Turbo Tegg View Post
    I love my little electronic driving companion.

LOL...My grandpa calls Rd's a Tattle Tell

Professional

Nice. I've seen people get pulled over after I had an alert on my 695 too. I'd think if only they had a good radar detector. I had one kid rev his engine at me at a stop light, I'm not a street racer so I ignored him. I started getting an alert for 34.7 ka band. I honk at the light and the kid looks at me and I pointed to my rd. He nodded and we went off like normal and a couple of minutes later we see the cop. I look over to the guy and smile and he gives me a thumbs up and then starts speeding up. I wonder if he bought a rd because of that situation?

Speed Demon

Probably bought a cobra

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Jag42 View Post

Yeah, I remember you telling that in one of your threads one time. I thought it was hilarious.

To this story, I like seeing people get busted when my V1 alerts. I know I'm evil sometimes. Haha

I hate people driving well over the speed limit in residential areas and school zones.
    Last edited by An0nym0us; 04-19-2009 at 03:03 PM.

Professional

My wife calls it,"The noise maker, but it works."

Speed Demon

I remember truckers calling RDs "Bird Dog"

Speed Demon

I was going to the convienence on my way home from work. I was on this little backstreet I use to get there with houses on both sides and a school up the road from the houses, but it's all a straight shot about half a mile, maybe less. Anyhow, I turn on said street and almost instantly pick up K band @ 2 LEDs with arrows pointing dead ahead. The speed limit is 25 and I'm doing the exact speed limit looking for the LEO. I drive and the signal gets a little stronger, maybe 4 LEDs or so. I keep looking and the signal holds at about the same streangth. I pass the school and get a side arrow and I'm looking for the LEO. I can't seem to spot him, and the streanght of the alert has gone down to like 1 bar. I'm like WTF? Well while looking for the LEO, I see this truck flying up on my a$$. I'm like damn dude, you need to slow down. He gets about 50ft from the back of my car and the V1 lights up with rearward arrow. I'm like, maybe dude is some kind of undercover cop or something. I'm looking at his truck trying to see if I can see any lights or anything. Well we come to a stop sign. I come to a complete stop and then turn. That's when I see MR. LEO behind the truck.

Sucks to be the dude in the truck. I'm sure he was doing about 45 or so, and I'm sure the fact it was in a residential area and school zone won't help him any. I still don't know were the LEO was hiding, but thanks to the arrows I at least new an approximate area of were to look and at least new the threat was behind me. Thanks Valentine, I love my little electronic driving companion.
    LEO may have been behind the truck all the time or may have beeb concealed of to the side somewear.

I have received some strong alerts in the pastthat were actually from behind - sometime the LEO was behind one or more vehicles behind me. It is a little un-nerving when that happens.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Gokhos View Post

LEO may have been behind the truck all the time or may have beeb concealed of to the side somewear.

I have received some strong alerts in the pastthat were actually from behind - sometime the LEO was behind one or more vehicles behind me. It is a little un-nerving when that happens.

Well I know for sure the alert started in front of me, and when I passed by the school got the side arrows and then behind me with a weak signal. That's when I turned around and saw the truck comming up pretty fast, and it wasn't long after that, that I got full signal to the rear. He probably let the truck past and then turned out after him.

Good Citizen

I hate getting the alerts and not being able to identify the LEO. For example today I was driving home from a hike , around 90mph, and got a 2 bar rear Ka alert. It scared the crap out of me. I guess in this situation I am lucky that I never saw the cop after the alert.