Speed Demon

Default V1 Hardwiring Video

I'm going to be hardwiring the V1 possibly this weekend. I was going to make a video of it for the newbies with step by step. This is my first time hard wiring so hopefully I don't run in to any issues. From the videos I saw on youtube its really easy.

Hopefully the step by step video help other members who are thinking about hardwiring

Experienced

Default Re: V1 Hardwiring Video

Sounds Great!

Only thing you might want to touch on is what to do in general for different vehicles.

Since we all don't have the same vehicle.

Speed Demon

Any other factors I should consider... because want to make easy step by step video.

Good Citizen

I just finished hardwiring my V1 in my S2000 yesterday. Worked out very well and pretty easy too. I used instructions I found on a S2000 forum. Now I don't have to worry about the coily cord hanging from my detector to the 12 volt plug in between the seats.

Lead Foot

You really have to hardwire in the S. The factory power point is in a terrible place for a windshield mount RD.

Professional

do a dry run so you know what needs to be done so you don't mess up in the video and have to stop and restart very annoying

Speed Demon

Exclamation Re: V1 Hardwiring Video

I have few dum questions... Need assistance

I found the fuse box in the car. Do I have to buy a add a circuit thru radio shack? Or can I do it w/o it. Is there is any particular add a circuit i should get?

I was going to plug the add a circuit in Radio - 20 amps. Or should I go with ignition - 10 amps.

I know the black wire is the ground - hook it up to any screw.

Look at 3rd pic - what are all those little parts? Are those any use to me. I know the blue plastic thing goes on the positive wire - snaps on (what's the point of this)

Finally i plug the positive end in to add a circuit right?

Thank's
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by newkid; 04-22-2009 at 08:24 PM.

you can get a connector that you plug the redwire into it then into the Fuse box. but here's what i did cut in to the Igition wire on your igition switch should be a red one then solder the red + wire from your hardwire cable to the igition wire that way when you turn your car on your radar detector turns on and when you turn it off it turns your radar detector off too. as for the Black loop witch is the earth or ground. just attached it to a polt under your dash then do the bolt up i got a video here i found on youtube. it's how to hardwire a beltronics Sti but still the same thing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALj_c42sCbk]YouTube - Hardwiring a Beltronics STi Radar Detector to a 2007 Civic[/ame]

i hope this is on to post links on this site if it's not i hope roy will let me no

Quote Originally Posted by newkid View Post

I found the fuse box in the car. Do I have to buy a add a circuit thru radio shack? Or can I do it w/o it. Is there is any particular add a circuit i should get?

I was going to plug the add a circuit in Radio - 20 amps. Or should I go with ignition - 10 amps.

I know the black wire is the ground - hook it up to any screw.

Look at 3rd pic - what are all those little parts? Are those any use to me. I know the blue plastic thing goes on the positive wire - snaps on (what's the point of this)

Finally i plug the positive end in to add a circuit right?

Thank's
    im not 100 percent sure but i think the best option is to connect it to the Radio Fuse but you can use either

Professional

I was going to make a video of it for the newbies with step by step.
    Adminis: Please delete this post or close it. - Sorry
    ^ from an (almost) double-post at http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...tml#post536373

A newbie that is very confident (but can't spell)... Thread locked.