Default What should I do, got a good offer for my V1

I recently put my V1 on craiglist and some one wanted to pay 350 cash. I need a little money. But I was going to get a refurb 8500s for a good cheap detector to use. I do not konw what to do any ideas.

Experienced

Default Re: What should I do, got a good offer for my V1

If you need the cash, I say take the money and don't buy a different detector. When you have some spare cash again, call Valentine and ask for a refurb. I read they are 10% off, so $360, so you'll only be out $10 +shipping, so $20.

Not bad for a short term loan, better than "Vinnie" downtown.

Alternative logic: A speeding ticket will be more than $350 if you get one after selling.

Quote Originally Posted by gig103 View Post
    If you need the cash, I say take the money and don't buy a different detector. When you have some spare cash again, call Valentine and ask for a refurb. I read they are 10% off, so $360, so you'll only be out $10 +shipping, so $20.

Alternative logic: A speeding ticket will be more than $350 if you get one after selling.
    Iam actually going to buy another detector to use for a while, untill I am good and got many saved money. Either the new Pro 78 SE Models or a refurb 8500. I am not sure yet.

Radar Fanatic

Not sure I really get it. Sell a 400 dollar V1 for 350, 50 dollar loss. Buy x brand Rd for 200 $. 400 - 50 =350 -200 new RD =150$ . Time lost who knows. I can never figure this I need cash now stuff. Also - shipping on a new V1. Keep track of junk spending money. See what that is a month and you will be surprised. I would guess you cleared 100$.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by V1 on the go View Post
    I recently put my V1 on craiglist and some one wanted to pay 350 cash. I need a little money. But I was going to get a refurb 8500s for a good cheap detector to use. I do not konw what to do any ideas.
    I bought some 8500 on Ebay a few months back.

After 1 week the unit is now displaying "SERVICE REQUIRED".

I didn't ditch my V1, but this is just to show you......keep the V1 if you can.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by th3 factory freak View Post
    I bought some 8500 on Ebay a few months back.

After 1 week the unit is now displaying "SERVICE REQUIRED".

I didn't ditch my V1, but this is just to show you......keep the V1 if you can.
    Same thing happened to my eBay-bought X50, except it didn't have the "service required" message. It basically just went crazy on its own (some days great range, and some days worse-than-cobra range on the SAME cop).

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by gig103 View Post

Iam actually going to buy another detector to use for a while, untill I am good and got many saved money. Either the new Pro 78 SE Models or a refurb 8500. I am not sure yet.
    That just does not compute looks like you are going the long way around just to end up with another V1 in the process spending more to get where you came from originally owning the V1 which is the best out there.

Newcomer

Don't do it!!! Sell something else

Quote Originally Posted by hoetown View Post
    Don't do it!!! Sell something else

+ 1,000,000 especially after hearing about these refurb going back in such a SHORT period