Lead Foot

Default Firmware revisions past 3.825...?

I love my V1, currently at 3.821. I was wanting to update to .825, but since it's been quite some time since that revision was initially released, I was curious as to whether how much longer it'll be until we see something past that.

I haven't been around this forum for quite some time; does anyone know something I don't or anything as far as that goes?

Radar Fanatic

i think they are still working on the ghost issue, the intermitant k band problem, and the ka band junk problem...

so i think he will resolve theses with the newer update thats when they do do one..

as of yet he cant get the v1 to do the ghosting and junk problem in his labs.... so until he does he cant sort out a cure...

its like trying to fix a car, sometimes the faults just dont show up when its in the garage, but you can sure bet that they come to light when you have got it back.....

Radar Fanatic

They went through a lot of firmware revisions really quickly and it seemed to cause them a lot of problems with bugs. I wouldn't expect them to whip out any new revisions until they have had a chance to thoroughly test whatever changes they make.

Lead Foot

I have been holding off sending my unit in for an update until the rest of the small isues are worked out. I called VR and they confirmed they are working on it and to give it about 4 to 6 weeks before checking in to see if it is ready.

So I dont plan on calling them until 6 weeks from the phone call that was on Friday so that will me about mid November.

Professional

I'm still at my old original 3.813. I was going to send it in for the hardware and firmware upgrade, but I decided against it for the time being. Unless it develops problems, I think I'll hang on to it until the next revision or two.

Good Citizen

Default Free or ?

I found the intermittent 'J' issue before I found this forum, called VR, and they ''fixed'' it with 3.819 - however like so many others, I have noticed it happening still once in a while on a real source, NOT happening on a real 'J'unk source throwing off krazy KA signals, as well as the ghosting issue (multiple bogies from just 1 source as you get closer/stronger).

... so I'm wondering if this upgrade 'in the works' will be free, or will they combine it with something else, thus making us pay for it?

Quote Originally Posted by itisjustme
    I have been holding off sending my unit in for an update until the rest of the small isues are worked out. I called VR and they confirmed they are working on it and to give it about 4 to 6 weeks before checking in to see if it is ready.

So I dont plan on calling them until 6 weeks from the phone call that was on Friday so that will me about mid November.

Good Citizen

Default Re: Free or ?

Quote Originally Posted by guardian
    I found the intermittent 'J' issue before I found this forum, called VR, and they ''fixed'' it with 3.819 - however like so many others, I have noticed it happening still once in a while on a real source, NOT happening on a real 'J'unk source throwing off krazy KA signals, as well as the ghosting issue (multiple bogies from just 1 source as you get closer/stronger).

... so I'm wondering if this upgrade 'in the works' will be free, or will they combine it with something else, thus making us pay for it?
    So what version did you have before? 3.818?

Cheetah Rep

Quote Originally Posted by laserblaster
    i think they are still working on the ghost issue, the intermitant k band problem, and the ka band junk problem...

so i think he will resolve theses with the newer update thats when they do do one..

as of yet he cant get the v1 to do the ghosting and junk problem in his labs.... so until he does he cant sort out a cure...
    well, they had the perfect opportunity to have one that does ghost, when i sent mine in for the upgrade from 818 to 819.

they knew about the ghosting problems, from several emails AND a letter that was in the box with my V1. all they had to do was point a k band gun at it and they would have seen the problem.
    mine will ghost from decatur and kustom guns, plus even my tester.

they did the firmware update and shipped it back. no response to my letter and no fix on the ghost problem.

So far i haven't J'ed out a real alert yet, so at least that was improved.

it looks like everything after 819 is an update for those with euro mode only, so don't hold your breath that there are any more free updates for any prior to that.

Good Citizen

Default Re: Free or ?

I think so, Yes..

Quote Originally Posted by GPSnV1
    Quote Originally Posted by guardian

So what version did you have before? 3.818?

V1 Zombie

The K band auto mute still has a bug or two. It works some times as in will mute this time but not that time :cry: Heres the bit i really dont like, when the K band is auto muting (up to 30 secs in my case) it will also fully mute a Ka detection (sometimes) as in no loud alert to start with :cry: . Now i have all the settings right there is a issue here and im gonna wait wait wait untill they get it right. As some of you know im sick when it comes to be a "pro V1 boy" So i have not let this one out of the bag untill now :shock: . Whats going on Sir Mike have you got some new staff that you head hunted from bell or something if so send them back.
    Ps What keeps me happy with it is im still getting "10 Miles both ways Dude"