Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Newcomer

Exclamation A Must see Valentine one Vs Stalker DSR2 in the same car (Police car)

check this out YouTube - Canal de LEOENFORCEMENT

have a look at this guys latest videos he is a taxes police officer doing videos of his stalker radar vs a Valentine one in side a 2007 Dodge Charger Police vehicle. it show's that the valentine one gets an alert but only after clocking the target cars speed with "Instant on" and some of the time the Valentine one Miss's the instant on radar check it out tell me what you think

Founder of Stealthvation

Default Re: A Must see Valentine one Vs Stalker DSR2 in the same car (Police car)

at that of a close distance he is more than likely overloading the V1. I have seen this happen in the past with an X50 and an RX65 where those RD's were not picking up the radar shot but they were at a such a close distance that they were being overloaded.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

V1 Zombie

Default Re: A Must see Valentine one Vs Stalker DSR2 in the same car (Police car)

Is that V1 a 1.7

Power User

That happens because it's right in the car... I bet he doesn't know how waves travel

Power User

Yes, it was a 1.7 version. I think the V1 held it's own with his test though. There is a difference when testing the horns of the antenna's forward - both forward facing with the V1 on the side. The V1 will alert better in that situation if say it was 20 ft. away with the antenna's facing opposite direction. I also will agree with happyA$$ that the V1 can get overloaded at that range.

This is were LEO has an advantage specially when using I/O with an unmarked cruiser.

When it comes to I/O, V1 is the king. Have you noticed what he said about picking his other buddy a quarter mile away from a curve? Looks to me that he was somewhat surprised.

A smart driver can still beat the odds even with this tactics and on the other hand, there is no way anybody can outbrake I/O when done properly. Seems to me that his line of thinking is that, a smart RD user will just go over PSL with no defense for I/O.

Either side can win the game and it just depends on how the tools are being used.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$ View Post
    at that of a close distance he is more than likely overloading the V1. I have seen this happen in the past with an X50 and an RX65 where those RD's were not picking up the radar shot but they were at a such a close distance that they were being overloaded.
    Sure make your excuses about there inferior horn. jk

The more i do this the more it seems to be a loosing battle.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by CJR238 View Post
    Need to switch?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KnightHawk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CJR238 View Post
    Need to switch?
    There apparently is nothing to switch to. I have been waiting for a Stealth V1 for what seems forever, im just too suborn to change unless i get exactly what i want.
    Looks like the only way is a ci & V1 combo, but $2000 for countermeasures seems a bit absorbent when i haven't gotten a ticket since i got my 9500's.

Speed Demon

This is also caused by the fact that the V1 has to sweep. If you broadcast and then cease broadcasting in the middle of the sweep before it gets to 34.7, obviously the unit won't alert.

The thing is, once the V1 picks up a specific frequency, it will monitor that frequency much more closely for the next few seconds. That's why when you watch the videos, the first time he clocks someone, the V1 won't alert, but then subsequent times the V1 alerts without a problem.

I think the V1 performed very well considering the circumstances and considering the fact that most LEOs do not "quick trigger".

In any event, the Belscorts are MUCH WORSE at catching quick trigger bursts because their software is programmed to try to minimize falses so they usually suppress alerts until the signal has been detected for a certain length of time.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by RDSti View Post
    he is a taxes police officer
    Pun intended?