Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Third time's a charm

I've posted the fact me V1 has not alerted on numerous occassions with a verified radar encounter. You can search the forum here and read these posts. But this is getting ridiculous. I'm going to shift gears and go to a different platform. I just can't trust my V1 any longer.

This is the third time I have recieved a verified radar ticket while using my V1. The first time about 2 years ago it didn't alert west of Tulsa on the turnpike. The trooper was moving 70 mph so he didn't use lidar. When I got in the patrol car he had a dual band stalker. He couldn't show me the speed so I assumed he just pulled a number out of his ass a screwed me....or used POP and it didn't alert.

Then about 6 months ago I was coming home in western Oklahoma. OHP stopped me and informed me I was doing 86 in a 70. Again....AGAIN!...my V1 never alerted. He had a dual band Stalker too and this time he showed me my speed on the display. The V1 never made a f...king chirp.

So I called Valentine. They said probably nothing wrong but send it in. I shipped it and they returned the unit and said it needed to be tuned. They tuned it and indicated it was good to go.

Last week I'm on a motorcycle trip. I was in western OK again. I got nailed and the damn thing never alerted. The OHP trooper was headed opposite direction at 60 or 70 mph when he clocked me. When I got in the patrol car he TOO had a dual band stalker and showed me my speed.

I love this V1. The dual ants...the direction indicators...etc. But if the damn thing doesn't give me a heads up consistently I can't trust it.

Ya know if I had gotten nailed but it at least alerted...then I would know I had simply been "beaten to the punch". Two of these encounters I popped over a hill and there he was. Usually in that instance an RD will alert but it's just too late. However in all these instances the damned thing never even went off!

This has only happened in my home state of Oklahoma. In other states it seesm to work fine. Are all OHP running some kind of undetectable radar or something???

Steamed in Oklahoma

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Third time's a charm

what version of the V1 do you have and what are your settings?

Power User

Maybe you should try to dump it on fleebay and get try a different one. Something sounds funny.

Radar Fanatic

Sorry to hear about your problems. I live in SW OK and run the V1 3.872 and have had no problems with it at all. Plenty of saves from OHP with it. I also own 2 X50's and they work great in OK also. I will keep watching to see what you come up with.

Banned

May have been a quick trigger pull, the V1 can sometimes miss those. also the V1 has a small deficiency in over the hill encounters.

Is POP used there?

Radar Fanatic

yeah most people don't realize that all RD will sometimes miss a very fast trigger pull, the V1 is one of those that is least likely to miss one and if pop is used and he has it turned off in the settings he can get hit all day and get a ticket. Most cops will give you a ticket with pop and they don't care or don't know that it is not admissible in court.

Professional

Can't be POP as POP is only on MPH industries radar guns, and these were stalkers so I'm betting very quick triggering or something is fuzzed up with the RD.

snoopyc4

Quote Originally Posted by CJR238 View Post
    May have been a quick trigger pull, the V1 can sometimes miss those. also the V1 has a small deficiency in over the hill encounters.

Is POP used there?
    X2 Quick triggers can sometimes be missed by RDs. Sorry about your tickets.

Radar Fanatic

The Stalker Dual is not POP capable.

GTO_04
    Last edited by GTO_04; 06-10-2009 at 09:22 PM.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Elevenator View Post
    When I got in the patrol car...
    You got thrown in the back of a CV for speeding?