Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional

Default New Valentine One

I am at work right now and i just received my valentine one. I am so tempted to leave work and fire this baby up. On my way back from lunch, i was passing a curve and thought to my self it would be a good hiding place for the cops, And wishing i had to valentine one with me. I did slow down and certainly there was a cop. It doesnt go down as a V1 save but def the thought of V1 saved me.....haha...anyways....

I have a quick question for you guys. I am planning on buying the external display and changing the LED's on it. From one of the previous post I have been informed that #1206(type) LEDS are used. I look around ebay and found many. But i am not sure whether its the rite type. I wanted to be sure before i end up buying a set.

Professional

Default Re: New Valentine One

Quote Originally Posted by kennethmiranda View Post
    I have a quick question for you guys. I am planning on buying the external display and changing the LED's on it. From one of the previous post I have been informed that #1206(type) LEDS are used. I look around ebay and found many. But i am not sure whether its the rite type. I wanted to be sure before i end up buying a set.
    I share your enthusiasm. My V1 and concealed display arrived a few days ago. Everything is hardwired up high on the windshield. I took the concealed display apart and measured the LEDs. They are 1206 type (3.2mm x 1.6mm), and look to be around 1.5mm tall. I've ordered a few LEDs of each color from Kingbright. No need to order any red ones. Here are the part numbers I choose:

AP3216CGCK 3.2X1.6MM GRN SMD LED
    AP3216PBC/A 3.2X1.6MM BLUE SMD LED
    AP3216SECK 3.2X1.6MM ORG SMD LED
    AP3216SYCK 3.2X1.6MM YEL SMD LED

I plan on modifying next week when the parts arrive. Will advise how the mod goes. There are a few other posts on this topic, I believe someone posted Digikey part numbers for their LEDs. Also, if you look at this forum, some folks have made a side business modifying V1 displays and selling for a reasonable amount. I'd go that route, but I like the DIY approach.

Professional

Let us know what Version # you have!!

snoopyc4

Welcome to the forum

Experienced

The external display is awesome. The colored LED's aren't for me, but I do believe that there's a user on this forum who can do all of this for you at a relatively good price. Hopefully someone will know their user name.

Speed Demon

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by thx1138 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kennethmiranda View Post
    I share your enthusiasm. My V1 and concealed display arrived a few days ago. Everything is hardwired up high on the windshield. I took the concealed display apart and measured the LEDs. They are 1206 type (3.2mm x 1.6mm), and look to be around 1.5mm tall. I've ordered a few LEDs of each color from Kingbright. No need to order any red ones. Here are the part numbers I choose:

AP3216CGCK 3.2X1.6MM GRN SMD LED
    AP3216PBC/A 3.2X1.6MM BLUE SMD LED
    AP3216SECK 3.2X1.6MM ORG SMD LED
    AP3216SYCK 3.2X1.6MM YEL SMD LED

I plan on modifying next week when the parts arrive. Will advise how the mod goes. There are a few other posts on this topic, I believe someone posted Digikey part numbers for their LEDs. Also, if you look at this forum, some folks have made a side business modifying V1 displays and selling for a reasonable amount. I'd go that route, but I like the DIY approach.
    How much was the price for each LED?

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by KnightHawk View Post
    []How much was the price for each LED?
    I work in the electronics industry, so I have access to samples. I would think Digikey would carry similar LEDs, available in small quantities...probably $0.25 or so per unit..

Professional

[quote=thx1138;559753]
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightHawk View Post
    []How much was the price for each LED?
    If you go to this page, another forum user posted their digikey selections.

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...r-leds-17.html

Old Timer

Welcome to the board.