I've done a lot of research over the past few months and have decided it'll be time to get a top of the line detector. I'm pretty sure I'll go for a V1. Here's some of my questions and concerns:
1. How easy is it to program?
1a. How easy is it to turn X band on and off? I live in NY and go to NJ once or twice a year.
2. I've noticed some threads people say real threats were junked out. Were the people still notified in proper time? Do they plan on addressing this in the near future?
3. How does the upgrade program work?
4. Are the noise tones distinguishable between X/K/Ka/Laser? The detector I use now I can easily tell right away if I have to hit the brakes or keep on going. I don't look at the detector at all (I keep my eyes on the road and I look to see where the cop is). Will I be satisfied in that sense with a V1?
The one I have now has voice warning too, but I ignore it. I hear beep beep beep K band beep beep beep... the first beep I hear, I already know whether or not to slow down... I've memorized the sounds and don't wait till I hear "K band" because that takes up valuable time.
5. When I am ready around Christmas time, should I wait for a new upgrade of the V1 or buy one?