Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default Why you should buy a carry case for your V1

Getting back into my work car at the train station today, I discovered I had an un-invited guest in my car.

This thief knew what they were doing and used a slim jim to enter my car, disable the alarm horn and then start looking.

Too bad for them, I carry all my valuables with me, including my V1 in its carry case. I've been doing this for the past 4 years, and today it paid off.

The thief really wanted the Valentine 1. My V1 is hard wired and concealed.

This clown started tracing the wire that goes to the main unit, he then popped off the A pillar cover.

He then ripped out the gauge cluster bezel with the concealed display that was attached to it, heck, why bother trying to take off the CD right?

By that time I guess he figured there's nothing else to steal, so he went about his way.

Folks, do yourself a favor and buy the carry case for the V1.

Even the Officer who responded to take a report said I made his job so much easier.

To sum it up: $140 in damaged parts, 8 foot phone cord and 1 concealed display.

Cheers,

TFF.

Professional

Default Re: Why you should buy a carry case for your V1

seems like there have been quite a lot of break in recently. Not sure why and would freaking hate if something like that happened to my V1. i was thinking about buying a carry case for a long time and i think this just proves it. I need one. I usually remove my V1 and place it in the pouch on the backside of the pasenger seat.

Power User

I worked in the Auto glass industry last summer. 60% of the door glasses were busted out mainly because an RD was in sight. Yes even RMR,COBRA were swiped and V1's and Belscorts and a $50 Whistler. A GPS on the dash is a good invitation or any kind of bag/suitcase in your vehicle. Nice save on your V1. My girlfriend was a victim last year. She left her backpack in the back seat overnight and
    they stole books,ID,passport,wallet,laptop,clothes after i told her 100 times don't leave nothing in or leave anything out to see. I never take my RD down and its hardwired above the RVM. I take the chance ! Whistlers don't look fancy with allot of Chrome. Cobra is #1 in my city by popularity.
    Last edited by Jag42; 06-18-2009 at 08:22 AM.

Lead Foot

That really sucks, man. I'm glad to hear they didn't get your V1 though. I had a break-in once a few years ago too. The dolt left my 8500 alone.

I've been thinking of taking the plunge and getting the carrying case. I used to leave the V1 in the glove box whenever I would park my car for an extended period of time. However, it's been getting so darn hot lately that I worry about leaving it in the heat. I pulled the V1 out of the glove box the other day and it almost burned me

I've been bringing it inside and locking it in a desk drawer while I'm at work.

Radar Fanatic

This thief was in such a rush to find the V1, he tore out the cable, I guess he didn't figure out it's an RJ-11 that plugs right out.

Ofcourse he was nice enough to leave me the useless cable, along with a cracked ignition cover.

I hope someone catches this clown and gives him a good beating.

I have a paper which I leave on top of everything in my glove box which has printed on it in large words:

"THIEF, don't worry about what the cops will do to you if you get caught. Instead, WORRY ABOUT WHAT I WILL DO TO YOU ONCE I FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE."

snoopyc4

Wow thats some sound advice. I normally take down my V1 and put it in the glovebox when I park.

Banned

I just leave my RD in there, even now.

My old truck got broken into a few years back. I had a $8000 audio system in there with TV's and everything. The only things that were taken was a lock pic set, Vietnam flare gun, some old CC's, CD's and my VCR. They left the TV's amps, RD...
    Must of been stupid kids, plus it would of been a ***** to rip out all that installed stuff without destroying it.

My 8500 was hard wired high and i guess they never saw it.

snoopyc4

Quote Originally Posted by CJR238 View Post
    Vietnam flare gun

Professional

i just ordered the external display and threw in the carry case as well.....LOL...