Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: V1 v.s 35.5

Good Citizen

Default V1 v.s 35.5

I have owned my V1 for a whole year and only once I have gotten 1.5 miles of ka 35.5 band. All my encounters I get are very short, expecailly when the leo is comming towards me all the time. I was wondering how well does you guys V1 do with 35.5.

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: V1 v.s 35.5

My V1 hangs right with my 9500ci in a straight line. Off-axis, the 9500ci smokes it.

Experienced

My V1 is good at detecting 35.5 on and off axis.

Radar Fanatic

I have had 1.7 miles warning on forward facing 35.5 with my 1.8 version. It was a straight road though. Off axis range is much lower. My STi is better than my V1 on 35.5 over hills and around curves.

GTO_04

Founder of Stealthvation

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_04 View Post
    I have had 1.7 miles warning on forward facing 35.5 with my 1.8 version. It was a straight road though. Off axis range is much lower. My STi is better than my V1 on 35.5 over hills and around curves.

GTO_04

I agree
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Power User

this is disappointing. I want to try a V1 again since the latest version appears to be stable. My main radar threat is 35.5ka so I don't know if I want to try a V1 again. I love the bogey counter, but the 35.5 performance has let me down on the last 2 V1's i've owned. I'm still struggling to find something better than my original 8500 (non x50) on 35.5ka

Now that I don't live in Virginia anymore I may buy a POS cheap detector to carry around so if I get stopped in VA using my 8500 or V1 (if I try another one) I can give the cop the POS detector to take back to the car to write the ticket. Good to have one on hand incase the LEO "accidently" drops your detector when walking back to your car to hand it back to you.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by V1DUDE View Post
    I have owned my V1 for a whole year and only once I have gotten 1.5 miles of ka 35.5 band. All my encounters I get are very short, expecailly when the leo is comming towards me all the time. I was wondering how well does you guys V1 do with 35.5.
    Valentine One Report Card

GOL Radar Detector Test - August 2005

Winner of X band detection test
    Winner of K band detection test
    Winner of 35.5 Ka band detection test (tie)
    Winner of Ka Band 67ms POP detection test
    Winner of K Band 16ms POP detection test
    No Ku band detection test was done

GOL Radar Detector Test - January 2006

Winner of 34.7 Ka band detection test
    Winner of Ku band detection test
    No POP detection test was done

GOL Radar Detector Test - October 2006

No X band detection test was done
    Winner of 33.8 Ka band detection test
    Winner of 35.5 Ka band detection test
    67ms Ka band POP over the hill detection test was done but no detector
    alerted

GOL Radar Detector Test - March 2007

Winner of 35.5 Ka band detection test (SR7 was not mounted under the bumper or inside the grill as stated in installation manual)
    Winner of Ku band detection test
    Winner of 67ms POP detection test (K band POP and Ka band POP combined)

GOL Off-Axis Radar Detector Test - July 2007

Winner of 33.8 Ka band 0 degree detection test
    Winner of 33.8 Ka band 15 degree detection test
    Winner of 33.8 Ka band 30 degree detection test
    Winner of 33.8 Ka band 45 degree detection test
    Winner of 34.7 Ka band 0 degree detection test
    Winner of 34.7 Ka band 15 degree detection test
    Runner-up 34.7 Ka band 30 degree detection test
    Runner-up 34.7 Ka band 45 degree detection test
    Winner of 35.5 Ka band 0 degree detection test
    Runner-up 35.5 Ka band 30 degree detection test
    Winner of K band 0 degree detection test
    Winner of K band 15 degree detection test
    Winner of K band 30 degree detection test
    Winner of K band 45 degree detection test

GOL Radar Detector Test - August 2007

No X band detection test was done
    Winner of around the curve K band detection test
    Winner of forward facing K band detection test
    Winner of 34.7 Ka band detection test
    Winner of around the curve 34.7 Ka band detection test
    Winner of 35.5 Ka band detection test
    Winner of forward facing 35.5 Ka band detection test
    All four of the Valentine One radar detectors alerted to instant-on 35.5 Ka band radar 100% of the time one mile away from the radar gun.

V1 Zombie

Yes Jazzy you have once again cleaned that debate up.

Now Before those that think the 9500cixiiizi or what ever is god's gift to man(which it's not, gods gift to man is pussy) pls remember the cost of your unit. Is it something like $1600 US compared to $400 US for the V1 right? fact right?. So really the V1 rolls it and smokes it then the V1 passes it around and even tells you which way it's coming so pls pls stop this ever present 9500ci crap and comparing the units it's getting old man we all know you love your toy Kool great you also run detectors at the same time thats a no no even your old mate radar expert agrees with me. So come on man $1600 that so out or the ball park when comparing value for money. I think the 9500ci is the biggest rip off ever. I mean gee with that sort of cash you could own 4x V1 and yes your whole family could be protected with arrows the best Ka filtering etc etc etc.
    Get use to this because I'm on you case sun shine.
    Hope you like my post dude your starting to stir the zombie in me
    Last edited by ghz1; 07-19-2009 at 04:05 AM.

Old Timer

35.5 is hard for any rd to pick up. With that said V1 does a good job in detecting forward facing/rear 35.5 but when off axis is put into play, I personally have seen Bel STi beat the V1 in this incidence. I have spoke w/ VR about the 35.5 off axis detection problem in the past but until more people call them up and discuss this issue w/ them, NOTHING WILL BE DONE ABOUT IT! Please do NOT MISCONSTRUE this as I don't like the V1 as I own 3 of them, 2 3.826 V1's, and one 3.872.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by ghz1 View Post
    Now Before those that think the 9500cixiiizi or what ever is god's gift to man(which it's not, gods gift to man is pussy) pls remember the cost of your unit. Is it something like $1600 US compared to $400 US for the V1 right? fact right?. So really the V1 rolls it and smokes it then the V1 passes it around and even tells you which way it's coming so pls pls stop this ever present 9500ci crap and comparing the units it's getting old man we all know you love your toy Kool great you also run detectors at the same time thats a no no even your old mate radar expert agrees with me. So come on man $1600 that so out or the ball park when comparing value for money. I think the 9500ci is the biggest rip off ever. I mean gee with that sort of cash you could own 4x V1 and yes your whole family could be protected with arrows the best Ka filtering etc etc etc.
    Get use to this because I'm on you case sun shine.
    Hope you like my post dude your starting to stir the zombie in me
    This is your opinion. My opinion, and others here as well, differs from yours. I love my 9500ci. I feel the $1600 is money well spent.

The next GOL will show how the 9500ci and V1 compare in performance. Once we know that, it will be up to each individual to determine whether or not the 9500ci's performance is worth the extra cost or not. This is not your decision to make for everyone else. Each person has different needs and a different budget.

Comparing the cost of a 9500ci to a V1 is apples to oranges. The 9500ci is a remote unit. Remote units always cost much more than any windshield mounted unit. They cost significantly more to manufacture. Also, the profit margin of a remote unit has to be much higher to recoup the design cost, because there are far fewer sold.

Having a remotely installed 9500ci also allows me to safely run two RDs at the same time. The V1's arrows and quickness, plus the 9500ci's spec display and sensitivity, gives me the most protection possible. That's what I've strive for, the best protection possible for my driving record. This combo gives me peace of mind.