Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Overland Park (Kansas City) - Tons of Laser These Days

What ever happened to the days of old? X and Ka band radar guns. In the last 6 or so months I've been getting lit up around Kansas City with laser. It is to the point where my laser encounters are almost outnumbering my radar encounters.

I've got a VW Touareg (V8) SUV. My V1 seems to do a decent job of picking up laser but I have had 2 laser tickets in the past 12 months. One with no warning (I'm suspicious of this one) and one with instant on but with plenty of traffic ahead (perhaps he was waiting just for me).

Guess I'm going to have to plunk down more $$$ for a laser evasion product (this is getting expensive). Any advice on brand and model?

Professional

YA READ ALL THE LASER TREADS ON THIS FOURM YOU WILL FIND OUT ON WHICH LASER JAMMER TO PICK!GOOD LUCK :wink:

Professional

Default Re: Overland Park (Kansas City) - Tons of Laser These Days

Quote Originally Posted by watson007
    What ever happened to the days of old? X and Ka band radar guns. In the last 6 or so months I've been getting lit up around Kansas City with laser. It is to the point where my laser encounters are almost outnumbering my radar encounters.

I've got a VW Touareg (V8) SUV. My V1 seems to do a decent job of picking up laser but I have had 2 laser tickets in the past 12 months. One with no warning (I'm suspicious of this one) and one with instant on but with plenty of traffic ahead (perhaps he was waiting just for me).

Guess I'm going to have to plunk down more $$$ for a laser evasion product (this is getting expensive). Any advice on brand and model?
    OOPS I FORGOT TO SAY WELCOME!! TO THIS BOARD PEACE
    Carlito

Good Citizen

I drive through OP all the time, and have yet to see much laser. Looks like things might be changing. Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtistZ
    I drive through OP all the time, and have yet to see much laser. Looks like things might be changing. Thanks for the tip.
    Yep. They love Hwy 69 between the 87th & 119th street exits. Also seen them a lot on I-29 on the way to the airport. Then, on I-35 between the Lamar and 635 exits.

Recently I have seen them in a trap using laser with the gun on the Quivira bridge that extends over 435. The cop gets reading by standing on the bridge but hids behind the highway sign, then radios the car type and speed to cops waiting on the other side of the bridge.

These have all been laser sightings.

Quote Originally Posted by carlito
    YA READ ALL THE LASER TREADS ON THIS FOURM YOU WILL FIND OUT ON WHICH LASER JAMMER TO PICK!GOOD LUCK :wink:
    Thanks. I just did. Looks like I'll wait for the DriveSmart to come out and be evaluated before I make my decision.

Professional

I JUST SAW THIS TODAY. I HOPE ITS FOR REAL AND NOT A RMR. THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR.

Quote Originally Posted by bcorby
    Hot off the presses, and fresh to your computers:

New detector announced that makes your car invisible to all means of detection!

EL PASO, TX -

Brand X Electronics today announced their new IKNC-E450 radar detector/scrambler, the first that makes you completely invisible to all means of detection.

Kris Rool, owner of Brand X Electronics, was visibily excited to announce the new IKNC line of products.

"Thanks to a revolutionary new advance in technology, we've invented a detector that makes your car invisible to radar, lidar, VG-2, and Spectre, and we're able to offer it at half the price of competing top-tier detectors. Best of all, however, is that this detector not only makes you invisible to electronic detection, but also to VASCAR."

The way the detector does this, Rool said, was through the use of formerly top-secret technology gained from Brand X's business alignment with the Klingon Empire.

"The Great Emperor has been a wonderful assistance to us throughout development of the IKNC-E450," said Rool, "providing us with the means necessary to build a cloaking device at a fraction of the price our interstellar competitors were charging. With this technology, our IKNC-E450 gives you an impenitrable line of defense against all means of electronic detection, VASCAR, and the naked eye of police officers. It is literally a 'ticket to speed.'"

When approached with concerns that fleets of invisible cars driving at obscene speeds could kill hundreds of thousands, Rooal seemed dismissive.

"Our products are not inteded to promote unsafe driving. We merely provide these detectors as a service to motorists who might drive a little faster than the legal limits sometimes, and need that friendly reminder to make sure they're being safe."

A reporter pointed out to Rool that he had just described the IKNC-E450 as a "ticket to speed," but that reporter was vaporized by a shot from the Great Klingon Emperor's blaster. The question-and-answer session came to an abrupt end afterwards.

Karl Fours is the president of Radar Measurement Facilities, an independent testing firm for radar detectors.

"I'm pleased to report that the IKNC-E450 is by far the most accurate radar detector ever," Fours began, "and it works exactly as described."

Fours then turned to Rool, who handed him a check believed to be in the amount of $50,000 before leaving the stage.

Rool announced that the IKNC-E450 will be marketed publicly as the IKNC Uranus, and will carry a MSRP of $349.99. A smaller version, the IKNC Uranus II, will have only the cloaking device and not the detector. It will retail for $249.99, but Rool cautioned that the Uranus II should always be used with a top-of-the-line detector.

"A cloaking device does you no good if you don't know who you're cloaking, so we strongly recommend buying the IKNC Uranus, however the IKNC Uranus II is compatible with the entire Brand X line."

Lead Foot

CODE WORDS

Brand X Electronics

formerly top-secret technology gained from Brand X's business alignment with the Klingon Empire.

"The Great Emperor"

A reporter pointed out to Rool that he had just described the IKNC-E450 as a "ticket to speed," but that reporter was vaporized by a shot from the Great Klingon Emperor's blaster. The question-and-answer session came to an abrupt end afterwards.

Fours then turned to Rool, who handed him a check believed to be in the amount of $50,000 before leaving the stage.

Uranus
    It's HALLOWEEN....NOT April Fools! :wink:

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by watson007
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtistZ
    Yep. They love Hwy 69 between the 87th & 119th street exits. Also seen them a lot on I-29 on the way to the airport. Then, on I-35 between the Lamar and 635 exits.

Recently I have seen them in a trap using laser with the gun on the Quivira bridge that extends over 435. The cop gets reading by standing on the bridge but hids behind the highway sign, then radios the car type and speed to cops waiting on the other side of the bridge.

These have all been laser sightings.
    I live in OP and have not noticed any laser use, or any "true" speedtraps. As for Hwy 69 between 119th and 87th, I have not seen any police for awhile, but on 435 west a week ago, I saw a motorcycle cop pulling into his hiding place and setting up what looked to be a laser speed trap.

Good Citizen

Best of all, however, is that this detector not only makes you invisible to electronic detection, but also to VASCAR
    Yeah right... a VASCAR jammer. Do not buy it