As the title suggests, I picked up at a V1 off CL for $250. I sold my 9500ix recently to go back to the V1, I can't live without the arrows I guess. I also drive a lot more in uncharted territories now as far as the TrueLock is concerned, so I suppose the arrows are more valuable anyways.
I checked the serial # beforehand, it said it was fine for North America, just had no Euro mode, which is fine for my purposes. The version is 3.818 and I was curious if I should upgrade. I remember there being J-out issues with this version and ghosting complaints.
It seems to be in tune, but I will do more testing. I wanted to drive around more but it started to rain, so I'll wait until tomorrow. Fortunately, I know what to expect since I used to own a brand-new V1 back a few years and my daily drive hasn't changed much. I almost want to send it in for a tune for peace of mind and being a hardcore enthusiast like many here, it's just the principle.
As for the upgrade, I like it being close to the 'golden 3.813' but I don't want to experience issues such as ghosting, J-out real threats, or heat issues.
What do you guys recommend?