Good Citizen

Default buy now or buy later

Hey guys
    i was wondering when will the v1 verison 1.8 is going to be updated? I know that the 1.7 has less flase than the 1.8 so i didnt want to get the 1.8. just waiting till they get it updated. any ideas any one?
    thanks

Speed Demon

My V1 1.8 (non-POP) "falsed" very little, if at all, except for Laser (which can be disabled all around, but unfortunately not just in front). Others have said that POP mode has a problem, but that can also be disabled. With the various logic modes of the V1, you should be able to find the balance of awareness and quietness that you desire, whether or not you choose to disable any particular features. IMHO, the only reason for waiting would be for the release of a true Spectre-proof or stealth version, if that's what you want or need.

Professional

Default Re: buy now or buy later

Quote Originally Posted by ryce4u
    Hey guys
    i was wondering when will the v1 verison 1.8 is going to be updated? I know that the 1.7 has less flase than the 1.8 so i didnt want to get the 1.8. just waiting till they get it updated. any ideas any one?
    thanks
    I have allways sayed this wait till the problems are fixed.
    but if you cant wait then its cool because VR will upgrade it for free up to 1 year if any new upgrades come out in that time

Newcomer

If you really want something and it's in your means, then why wait?

I could have waited but I chose not to wait. I wanted something now!

I've only had the V1 for 24 hours, but I can see how it's a quality product and their customer service seems top notch - so far.

Good Citizen

i had brorrowed a friend's v1 and that thing goes off like every 30 sec. It was getting to the point where i would ignore all the warning cuz i kept thinking it was false signal
    Then i brorrowed a belrx65 from a friend. that false way less than the v1
    but those darn arrows are so attractive!!!!

Good Citizen

V1: Logic modes and ability to disable bands = less falses.

Good Citizen

Default prog

It's all in the programming, do it right and you will enjoy a best "signal to noise" ratio of detections VS falses.

Good Citizen

Default Re: prog

Quote Originally Posted by subaru4wd
    It's all in the programming, do it right and you will enjoy a best "signal to noise" ratio of detections VS falses.
    what is the best or right programming?
    thanks

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by davekr
    My 3.825 is QUIETER than my RX 65 was!
    The reason for this is that when K band is detected, it will not give a "dee da doo" sound when another K band source is located, unless you ran A mode. This is the main reason it seems quieter then the x50 and the rx65.

It maybe a bug, but I loved it