Speed Demon

Default Looking for Softcase for V1

Im looking aftermarket softcase for V1. like Neoprene Camera case..
    Anybody know which case fits for V1..

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: Looking for Softcase for V1

I say walk into a Best Buy or a Fry's with your V1 and find something that fits.

Lead Foot

Talking Re: Looking for Softcase for V1

Quote Originally Posted by sniper4usmc View Post

Case logic camcorder case from Walmart. I lined mine with a bit of packing foam cut to the shape of the V1. Works perfect and only costs about $8. Plus its red and black, matching the V1.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by crisptito View Post

Case logic camcorder case from Walmart. I lined mine with a bit of packing foam cut to the shape of the V1. Works perfect and only costs about $8. Plus its red and black, matching the V1.
    Yup, just what I did. ended up with a caselogic digital camera case.

Power User

I have a Case Logic external hard drive case for mine.

On the plus side, it's smaller and cheaper than the V1 case.

On the minus side, it only holds the RD, not the accessories. Not a problem for me as mine is hardwired, but something to consider.

Lead Foot

I found a Case Logic small camcorder case at Wally World today, $14.

It's black with red zipper trim, inside is lined with red. Fits the V1 perfectly inside and the stretchy mesh pocket fits the remote display (I wouldn't care about it if it wasn't a custom one). Enough room to close it comfortably and without much effort. Comes with a top carrying handle and a nice little belt strap loop if I ever wanted to carry it along with other equipment.

It's kind of a "reinforced soft case," where it can compress a little but definitely feels a little rigid (on one side) but not completely hard-cased.

I like how it matches the color scheme of the V1 too, heh.

Not to be Captain Obvious, but bring your V1 (and the fitted foam piece if you have it) to wherever you are looking at cases. I actually wanted a hard case to put the foam in and such, but I was very content with this case that I was willing forgo the hard case idea (and save $$$).

I am trying to find a link to it online and both Walmart.com and CaseLogic.com do not have it listed. It's good because it's not like the "U" shape of most camera cases but not super compartmentalized and bulky like most camcorder cases. Walmart had a ton of them too, so I wouldn't think they're like discontinued or rare... strange!
    Last edited by RanEnRui; 08-07-2009 at 04:48 PM.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by swarga View Post

On the minus side, it only holds the RD, not the accessories. Not a problem for me as mine is hardwired, but something to consider.
    are u talking about this one?
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Case-Logic-PHDC-1-Small-External/dp/B000WRZDRG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1249684554&sr =8-4]Amazon.com: Case Logic PHDC-1 Small EVA External Hard Drive Case (Red): Electronics[/ame]

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by swarga View Post

are u talking about this one?
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Case-Logic-PHDC-1-Small-External/dp/B000WRZDRG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1249684554&sr =8-4]Amazon.com: Case Logic PHDC-1 Small EVA External Hard Drive Case (Red): Electronics[/ame]
    Yes, but mine is black, not that fugly red.

Experienced

I went over to my local Ghetto Mart and bought a Samsonite camera Hard case just in case I drop it.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by RanEnRui View Post
    I found a Case Logic small camcorder case at Wally World today, $14.

It's black with red zipper trim, inside is lined with red. Fits the V1 perfectly inside and the stretchy mesh pocket fits the remote display (I wouldn't care about it if it wasn't a custom one). Enough room to close it comfortably and without much effort. Comes with a top carrying handle and a nice little belt strap loop if I ever wanted to carry it along with other equipment.

It's kind of a "reinforced soft case," where it can compress a little but definitely feels a little rigid (on one side) but not completely hard-cased.

I like how it matches the color scheme of the V1 too, heh.

Not to be Captain Obvious, but bring your V1 (and the fitted foam piece if you have it) to wherever you are looking at cases. I actually wanted a hard case to put the foam in and such, but I was very content with this case that I was willing forgo the hard case idea (and save $$$).

I am trying to find a link to it online and both Walmart.com and CaseLogic.com do not have it listed. It's good because it's not like the "U" shape of most camera cases but not super compartmentalized and bulky like most camcorder cases. Walmart had a ton of them too, so I wouldn't think they're like discontinued or rare... strange!
    We have the same one. Can't find a pic of it online though. Mine must have been priced wrong cause it was less than what you paid. But yeah, i agree that it is a soft case, but is rigid at the same time. Feels secure.