Good Citizen

Default Installed Alarm and the V1 picks it up

I just installed a Viper 350 Responder 2 way Alarm and when I went to work last night and put up my V1 in the windshield, It picks it up!

Today this morning I unmounted my V1 and point it towards the brain of the Alarm and sure does. This alarm is transmitting K band.

So what I did is rewire the alarm to the passenger side and so far nothing. I'm gonna be monitoring this.

Does anybody else have this problem?

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Installed Alarm and the V1 picks it up

Never had this issue.

It does make sense though, because K-band false alerts are usually from alarm doors at WalMart, etc.

Professional

I have Clifford 50.5X installed and i can't leave my V1 in the windshield.My radar sensor picks it up and sets of the warning chirps..Damn magnesium case.

That's DEI for you, never do a DEI product you will eventually have trouble with something.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by biggkatt01 View Post
    That's DEI for you, never do a DEI product you will eventually have trouble with something.

What do you recommend instead? DEI has like 70% o fthe market under many brand names.

Good Citizen

By relocating the brain to the passenger side, the false alarm disappeared.

I would go with an Autopage or Compustar. since DEI has taken over everything it's hard to find a installer that carries a different brand. The reason I don't like DEI products is I have had 6 alarm systems 1 Autopage and 5 DEI ( 2 Vipers, 1 Python, 1 Clifford)

All of the DEI products were riddled with problems from the time I got them installed until the time they were removed, The Auopage was the best alarm I have had it was the RS900. I say again DEI products are complete junk every DEi alarm I have had, had to have parts replaced 1 alarm a viper was just the devil the alarm would just unlock and lock my car on it's own it had to go back to the installer about 4 times. It wasn't his fault he installed it the right way even though a Rep from DEI siad he didn't so we left it the way it was and he got a DEI rep down and with his own eyes he watched the d*** thing lock and unlock on its own and then the dummy says oh I've never seen that before, yeah right idiot so I made them pay to get a new alarm so my installer recommended a Autopage he installed it once no problems excellent alarm.

Well some stupid old fart runs a stop sign and totals my truck a 04 Dodge Durango so I have to get a new car a 07 Chrysler 300. I go to work and my girl surprises me with a new alarm as a present guess what she gets a Viper 5701 from Tweeter nothing but problems since she got it installed I'm in a fight with Viper now because the alarm has problems but Tweeter is now defunct and I am left with a $900 headache so I am warning don't do a DEI product.

Professional

On the other hand,I've never had a problem with a DEI product and i've used them time after time.All of my units have been Clifford models and worked great.I dunno what ta tell ya.Everyone has their preference..