Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: J- bug fixed!

Good Citizen

Default J- bug fixed!

Hey guys,
    just got off with a V1 tech this afternoon. I asked about the j-bug problem and the tech said the j-bug problem has been address and fixed. Can anyone confirm this?
    thanks

Experienced

Default When?

Did they say when the fix would be available? I just tried my serial number for my V1 3.825 and it says I still have the latest and greatest.

Just curious.

Scratonicity Groupie

I'm still using 3.821 and I had it J out a real alert today... still waiting on a positive fix before I send my beloved unit in!

Good Citizen

Default Re: When?

Quote Originally Posted by trazadone
    Did they say when the fix would be available? I just tried my serial number for my V1 3.825 and it says I still have the latest and greatest.

Just curious.
    apparently, the newer v1 3.825 rev also that's in production right now have the j-bug fixed. they didn't say anything about having the j-fix out but the next update will include it. V1 likes to gather all the problem and release an upgrade for all of the problems instead of releasing one by one. Yours is the older production of 3.825, so if you would buy a radar from v1 right now, the j-bug is fixed

Advanced Member

the current softwars of 3.825 still J's alerts

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

V1 Zombie

That sounds great :shock: . Would be nice if some other person gave them a call. Not that i think ryce4u is B.sing but im starting to think some of the V1 techs are.
    My reason's:
    I was lucky enough to get Mike V himself on there free call line (dont ask how :shock: ) the other day as some of you guys know. he said the "J" false was a over load from strong radar, infact he played it down when he said "someday we will sort it" also "we thought we had it down" that said to me it's no big thing. My only other reason is in the past with bugs they have always updated the software number eg 813,818 etc so the "J" bug fix would have to be 826 :?:
    sorry to crash down on your thread ryce4u i hope im wrong.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ghz1
    That sounds great :shock: . Would be nice if some other person gave them a call. Not that i think ryce4u is B.sing but im starting to think some of the V1 techs are.
    My reason's:
    I was lucky enough to get Mike V himself on there free call line (dont ask how :shock: ) the other day as some of you guys know. he said the "J" false was a over load from strong radar, infact he played it down when he said "someday we will sort it" also "we thought we had it down" that said to me it's no big thing. My only other reason is in the past with bugs they have always updated the software number eg 813,818 etc so the "J" bug fix would have to be 826 :?:
    No prob man. I had read your post about your talk with Mike and i was thinking the same thing when the tech told me that the j-bug is fixed..makes me wonder if the tech said that to sell more units?? I defintely think someone should call and ask about this again. Infact i'll call again tomorrow and disguise my voice

Professional

i really hope it is fixed. i want to get a new v1 if i can and get the money in the near future, but i'm constantly watching ebay in hopes of finding a 1.8-pop1 or something like that for a good price and then upgrading when they fix all this crap! please keep us posted!

V1 Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Mackid343
    i really hope it is fixed. i want to get a new v1 if i can and get the money in the near future, but i'm constantly watching ebay in hopes of finding a 1.8-pop1 or something like that for a good price and then upgrading when they fix all this crap! please keep us posted!
    Some guy told me that the pop 1 was the pits :cry: look at hooking up with a 824 or 825. Dude really this "J" over load thing has been over killed its only happen to me 3x in about 18000 k's and i could see the cop everytime.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by ryce4u
    Quote Originally Posted by ghz1
    My reason's:
    No prob man. I had read your post about your talk with Mike and i was thinking the same thing when the tech told me that the j-bug is fixed..makes me wonder if the tech said that to sell more units?? I defintely think someone should call and ask about this again. Infact i'll call again tomorrow and disguise my voice
    What's the J-bug? These are the kind of things I need to know about before buying one of their products perhaps by the time I do they will have all of the bugs sorted out.