Newcomer

Default V1 muting question

My V1 is only a month old and Iím still figuring out how it works. I am wondering how long the muting lasts on the V1 when I press in the knob to mute a signal. Sometimes when I'm driving I will mute the current "bogey", but within a few seconds the bogey is gone (false alarm). But sometimes like 5-7 (or so) seconds later another bogey will appear but the V1 will sound at the muted volume. How long does the muting last when I press in the knob? Does the mute apply even to bogeys it finds after I press mute (for a few seconds), or just the current one?

Here's my concern: Yesterday I was driving and the V1 started tracking a K signal (which could have been real or a false alarm). I pressed the knob to mute. After about 20 seconds the K bogey went away, and then 5-7 seconds later the V1 found a Ka signal, but it made the Ka warning sound at the muted volume! It ended up being a strong Ka signal and I haven't seen any strong Ka signals that were false, and ideally I would always want the V1 to alert me of Ka at full volume, even if I had previously muted a X or K bogey. If I press mute I would like the V1 to only mute the bogey it was tracking when I hit mute.

Is this the way the V1 is supposed to work? I'm going to try to do some more testing with my V1 when I can. FYI I have features b through G enabled with the K delay set at 3 seconds.

Radar Fanatic

If one band is muted every band is muted there is no way to change that hopefully your bogy lock tone works as I have heard that on 3.825 there is a flaw in the lock tone that causes it to not work in a logic mode.
    If you loose a signal while the V1 is muted (manually or auto) the reset time is 10 seconds.
    In other words if a signal is muted manually and you loose the signal, if it comes back within 9 seconds then the signal will stay muted.
    If a signal is received in auto muting mode using a logic mode then you loose the signal, if the signal comes back within 9 seconds your selected time threshold does not start over. (does not count for you because of 3 second threshold)
    Going through the modes and ending up at (A) again also brings back the regular volume.
    To get the V1 to reset manually during muting or any other event, turn V1 off or cut the power, then back on.

By the way do you still have X band in Oregon as three years ago they were still using it.

Cheetah Rep

agreed, that pretty much sums it up.
    one other thing to add.
    if you leave "A" at default. (bogey lock tone volume set by control knob), as you know it will alert to additional signals at the louder volume. if you hit mute, additional signals sound at the muted volume, but any new signals alert at the louder lock tone sound.
    now the kicker is, say if you are going through a parking lot, if you hit mute again, it will also mute the lock tone to the muted level, so you don't get annoyed by the lock tones driving by all the door openers.
    this way you can get a heads up of new signals when muted, until the timer is up.

Newcomer

My bogey lock tone seems to be working fine which is good. I just wish there was a way to set the V1 to always give the Ka alert at full volume, even if I had previously muted another signal. I guess you can't have everything. I did send an email to valentine asking them this as well and got some totally half-assed answer from someone who didn't sound too sure of himself. I figured people here would be more helpful than him (and I was right).

I've heard that they do use some x band here in Oregon. I actually just moved here a few months ago. I might have come across some x band....there's been once or twice when I got a strong x signal when I saw a cop around, but it was in the city so it was hard to tell if it was real or not. Now to get something to defeat those damn cameras they use here.....