Professional

Default Just returned from my round trip..

Just got back from my round trip from GA to Upstate NY,then to NJ,then back to GA..The V1 more than payed for itself.Got X,KA and laser scatter alerts while on the NJTP,instant on KA from NYSP while on 81,and a bunch on I/O Ka the whole ride from NJ back to GA on I-95..It was ridiculous..The where parked in the median backed in the trees good.You didn't visually see them until it was too late!! But the V1 always let me know they where there.Over hill detection was also great.The V1/CB combo can't be beat!Ran between 75-80 the whole way..The cb is great,but one thing i noticed very quickly is that all the "county mounties" and "smokey bears" don't get called out..One weird thing that happened when runnin thru NC was that i would get random burst on K-band all thru the state..
    Last edited by mrcllusb; 09-15-2009 at 09:54 PM.

Good Citizen

Default Re: Just returned from my round trip..

interesting , thanks for sharing , did the laser scatter ever proved to be real ? on a short trip to orlando recently I got like 3 or 4 laser alerts and no bears , which surprised me because my 1.7 never alerted unless a cop was there , save the random airport ILS that would be picked up as laser , but at least I knew what it was , with the new 1.8 it warns laser when there is absolutely nothing around lol , what it's it picking up ? the death star above?

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mrcllusb View Post
    One weird thing that happened when runnin thru NC was that i would get random burst on K-band all thru the state..
    Raleigh, Durham?
    S P E E D I N F O :: delivering data that knows your flow

Quote Originally Posted by venom400 View Post
    interesting , thanks for sharing , did the laser scatter ever proved to be real ? on a short trip to orlando recently I got like 3 or 4 laser alerts and no bears , which surprised me because my 1.7 never alerted unless a cop was there , save the random airport ILS that would be picked up as laser , but at least I knew what it was , with the new 1.8 it warns laser when there is absolutely nothing around lol , what it's it picking up ? the death star above?
    That's one reason I still use a 1.7
    VR should make a setting, switch, or lens shade to filter down the laser sensor.
    If I was using a 1.8 I would experiment with tinted plastic.

Just got back from my round trip from GA to Upstate NY,then to NJ,then back to GA..The V1 more than payed for itself.Got X,KA and laser scatter alerts while on the NJTP,instant on KA from NYSP while on 81,and a bunch on I/O Ka the whole ride from NJ back to GA on I-95..It was ridiculous..The where parked in the median backed in the trees good.You didn't visually see them until it was too late!! But the V1 always let me know they where there.Over hill detection was also great.The V1/CB combo can't be beat!Ran between 75-80 the whole way..The cb is great,but one thing i noticed very quickly is that all the "county mounties" and "smokey bears" don't get called out..One weird thing that happened when runnin thru NC was that i would get random burst on K-band all thru the state..
    same thing with me few months ago..it looks like a i/o and scares the hell out of ya...
    it usually happens under/near those overpass..idk why but i was also confused..

Professional

My laser scatter hits where actual NJSP shooting lidar.I was southbound on the Turnpike with a Mustang and an Altima as my two rabbits.One in the middle lane and the other in the right lane.My smarts told me to slow down a lil as i saw a slight incline coming up.I left off a lil and as soon as the Mustang and Altima just almost crested the incline(their roof lines) my V1 went nuts on laser.As i crested the incline,there where to NJST on the right side with only one shotting lidar..

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Abhinav_7333 View Post
    same thing with me few months ago..it looks like a i/o and scares the hell out of ya...
    it usually happens under/near those overpass..idk why but i was also confused..
    Exactly!! Several times i was like WTF!!!!!