Good Citizen

Arrow With Ka Guard OFF, should POP be On or OFF?

I experimented with 'Ka guard' OFF yesterday driving through Los Angeles for a few hours and with the exception of a few "falses"....my V1 (3.872) was really quiet and I did not experience the Ka-band going off like "crazy" as some have reported here with the Ka guard turned off. I should mention that I do have X-band and K-band disabled (not sure if it has anything to do with this or not).

I'm considering leaving it OFF full-time, however is it recommended to also turn off POP or leave it on w/ Ka guard disabled?

I've read that is you turn off Ka-band guard that you should also disable POP as well.

Can someone confirm this.

Founder of Stealthvation

Default Re: With Ka Guard OFF, should POP be On or OFF?

turn POP off as well

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$ View Post
    turn POP off as well
    Now that the test results are up,
    I'll ask this again, does it worth upgrading the 3.864 to 3.872? let's say if I ran the .872 with Ka guard ON.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by left4dead View Post
    I experimented with 'Ka guard' OFF yesterday driving through Los Angeles for a few hours and with the exception of a few "falses"....my V1 (3.872) was really quiet and I did not experience the Ka-band going off like "crazy" as some have reported here with the Ka guard turned off. I should mention that I do have X-band and K-band disabled (not sure if it has anything to do with this or not).

I'm considering leaving it OFF full-time, however is it recommended to also turn off POP or leave it on w/ Ka guard disabled?

I've read that is you turn off Ka-band guard that you should also disable POP as well.

I'd imagine your settings are the only way to tolerate a V1 in L.A. I had a 3.826 and it falsed Ka even with Ka guard on ... J's and ghosting were common. I've had 2 K band tickets in SoCal in the last 5 years ... so kill K at your own risk.

Old Timer

Do NOT turn off k band in/around L.A. The county sherrifs still run it over there.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by left4dead View Post

I'd imagine your settings are the only way to tolerate a V1 in L.A. I had a 3.826 and it falsed Ka even with Ka guard on ... J's and ghosting were common. I've had 2 K band tickets in SoCal in the last 5 years ... so kill K at your own risk.
    dude...I thought I had Bug crawling in my monitor...but it was your avatar

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by proudNMAmember View Post
    Do NOT turn off k band in/around L.A. The county sherrifs still run it over there.
    It was either turning off K-band or throwing V1 out the window.

I chose the former because I love my V1.