Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    snoopyc4

Exclamation GOL Test Results - Question

I tried posting this question in the "GOL Wrapped Up" thread but I didn't get a clear cut answer. With KA guard ON, would the performance of the 3.872 be equal or near the performance of the 3.864 that has KA guard ON? Also, with KA guard OFF, would the performance of the 3.864 be equal to or near the performance of the 3.872 that has KA guard OFF?

Banned

Default Re: GOL Test Results - Question

Quote Originally Posted by snoopyc4 View Post
    I tried posting this question in the "GOL Wrapped Up" thread but I didn't get a clear cut answer. With KA guard ON, would the performance of the 3.872 be equal or near the performance of the 3.864 that has KA guard ON? Also, with KA guard OFF, would the performance of the 3.864 be equal to or near the performance of the 3.872 that has KA guard OFF?
    I think some detailed additional testing of this should be done. Depending on the additional sensitivity it may be worth the extra falsing.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by CJR238 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopyc4 View Post
    I think some detailed additional testing of this should be done. Depending on the additional sensitivity it may be worth the extra falsing.
    Many members here have self tested the Ka Guard On/Off settings and the results are better sensitivity and range with Ka Guard Off, but they say (depending on where you live) the 'falses' are unbearable, even more so than a V1 with POP On.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cips View Post

Many members here have self tested the Ka Guard On/Off settings and the results are better sensitivity and range with Ka Guard Off, but they say (depending on where you live) the 'falses' are unbearable, even more so than a V1 with POP On.[/quote]

Cool, thanks. but my guess is if you set Big L with the right time and signal strength release it may still be fine? The only problem i would see is falsing from cobras.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by CJR238 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cips View Post

Many members here have self tested the Ka Guard On/Off settings and the results are better sensitivity and range with Ka Guard Off, but they say (depending on where you live) the 'falses' are unbearable, even more so than a V1 with POP On.
    Cool, thanks. but my guess is if you set Big L with the right time and signal strength release it may still be fine? The only problem i would see is falsing from cobras.
    [/quote]

Something got messed up with the quoting. Answer is in green. I'm a little confused here. Big L only effects K and X alerts. The excessive falsing with Ka Guard Off is on Ka, so Big L would do nothing for it.

Speed Demon

I've had mine with Ka gaurd off and the falsing is ridiculous. I had to turn it back on after less than a day.

Lead Foot

... reposted in other thread
    Last edited by OPTiK; 09-19-2009 at 03:38 PM.

Founder of Stealthvation

Remember that any V1 3.851 and after will display an "E" when it is out of tune

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$ View Post
    Hmm, but whats the threshold? How out of tune does it have to be before you see an "E"?

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$ View Post
    "E" day was the worst day of my life. After a few days without it people started asking me why I was arriving later than usual.