Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    363

    Default Valentine One Owners

    I'm curious as to know if anybody out there is unhappy with their Valentine One and if so why?
    I am considering getting one but it in comparison to other detectors like the Whistler 1793 SE I have the V-1 seems large especially for $400+.
    Also are the arrows a gimmick?

  2. #2
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    7,509

    Default

    Well, as far as being very large compared to the others, the size difference isn't too much, contrary to what some internet reviewers might have you think.


  3. #3
    Longsnowsm
    Guest

    Default

    I am pretty happy with mine. There are some glitches in the current software that I would like to see fixed.

    Overall would I buy one again? Yep
    Would I sell mine? Nope
    Has it been a good investment? You betcha
    Recommend to others? Absolutely

    Unlike other manufacturers the V1 is actually upgradeable and for the most part Valetine takes care of it's customers. Now if I could get them to fix this J problem and the ghosting bogey's I would be thrilled.

    Longsnowsm

  4. #4
    Yoda of Radar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Rottweiler Land
    Posts
    10,420

    Default

    I was with you, I was like $400! :shock: No way. Then I got a ticket with an escort that was dead silent. I called V1 and ordered a "returned unit" for $350. I think it was brand new! It's the best $350 I ever spent.

    The V1 replaced a new RX 65. Big Difference. You will LOVE and I mean LOVE the arrows!

  5. #5
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    Well, as far as being very large compared to the others, the size difference isn't too much, contrary to what some internet reviewers might have you think.

    Thanks for the info and comparison info. It must be the odd shape or the curve that makes the Valentine One not so sleek smaller conforming like all the other detectors. It's a bit wider and different shape than other detectors. Maybe as time goes on it will get smaller. :mrgreen:

  6. #6
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Longsnowsm
    I am pretty happy with mine. There are some glitches in the current software that I would like to see fixed.

    Overall would I buy one again? Yep
    Would I sell mine? Nope
    Has it been a good investment? You betcha
    Recommend to others? Absolutely

    Unlike other manufacturers the V1 is actually upgradeable and for the most part Valetine takes care of it's customers. Now if I could get them to fix this J problem and the ghosting bogey's I would be thrilled.

    Longsnowsm
    You have a BCT-12 Are you happy with it?
    I was considering getting a BC-8 at the time (nice small size) but I use a handheld for switching car to car. The wires are a hassle and in one of the vehicles it doesn't have a metal body to attach the magnetic mount to like most cars..
    I would prefer it to be part of the car except there would be antenna mounting problems and mounting the 2 external computer speakers I use.
    Radio Shack has the Pro-97 now for $149.95 I have to wonder what differences are there between the Pro-97 and Pro-95 other than the Skywarn and Signal Stalker that the Pro-97 has. These are both 1000 trunking handheld scanners.

  7. #7
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davekr
    I was with you, I was like $400! :shock: No way. Then I got a ticket with an escort that was dead silent. I called V1 and ordered a "returned unit" for $350. I think it was brand new! It's the best $350 I ever spent.

    The V1 replaced a new RX 65. Big Difference. You will LOVE and I mean LOVE the arrows!
    So you will have the top 3 detectors and the Valentine One beats them all. What don't you like on your new RX65 as I heard this is one great detector and it is upgradeable.

  8. #8
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    32

    Default

    I would definitely say that the arrows are not a gimmick. Around here, I often see 3 or 4 LEOs doing speed enforcement over a small stretch of freeway, without the arrows and the counter, you might think you have passed the only one (and he was on the side of the road writing a ticket to someone, so you don't even bother easing off the gas) when there is one or more just up the road waiting for you.


    Also, if you look at the pics here you will see that the V1 can't really get much smaller because the case is mainly just a thin skin around the antenna horns, and I dont think they can make them any smaller without sacrificing some of the detectors ability (though I could be wrong of course).[/url]

  9. #9
    Professional
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    958

    Default

    i had no idea it was about the same size as an rx-65 :shock:. i thought it would be larger by like an inch or so. thanks jim!

  10. #10
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    5680 Oakbrook Parkway Suite 149 Norcross, GA
    Posts
    3,184

    Default

    Not a thing. The V1 has exceeded my expectations since 1998.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. For NY V1 owners
    By wallstreet123456 in forum Valentine One
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-14-2011, 09:57 AM
  2. V1 owners chime in (excluding 3.872 owners)
    By Solidjake in forum Valentine One
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-12-2010, 03:40 PM
  3. ZR4 for V1 owners
    By kafklatsch in forum Valentine One
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-04-2008, 07:38 PM
  4. Attn: Valentine One Owners
    By LS2 in forum Valentine One
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-21-2005, 09:41 PM
  5. valentine new owners manual...
    By laserblaster in forum Valentine One
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-28-2005, 07:33 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •