Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Lead Foot

Default Valentine One Conceal Display

Is this worth getting for your Valentine One?

Experienced

Default Re: Valentine One Conceal Display

Quote Originally Posted by LS2
    it depends... it´s for use when You want to locate Your V1 out of sight.
    Remember that voices doesn't come out from CDU

Newcomer

For me, it is really ackward to mute the V1 while I am driving, and I can't see the display at all. The CD let me move it to a place I could see nicely, mute without being a contortionist, and make it less visible to others at night since it turns off the lights on the main unit.

Experienced

I´d love to have a carputer and Your software in it + navigation + mp player etc ...
    Maybe some day :roll:

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by D.E.T
    it depends... it´s for use when You want to locate Your V1 out of sight.
    Remember that voices doesn't come out from CDU
    So in other words the Valentine One doesn't use a human voice warning at all even with or without the conceal display? Just beep tones? Yet the V-1 falses alot I have heard on K and KA bands?
    I am trying to consider all things relative to purchasing a V-1 or not.
    What I am seeing is that the V-1 is the most expensive in $$$ but it doesn't have all the options of the detectors that cost less than it i.e compass, SWS, human warning voice? It maybe the only thing it has going for it is the 2 antennas front and rear and those arrows with number of threats if any. The real downfall of the V-1 that I personally don't like is the shape. The V-1 isn't as streamlined as other detectors half it price.
    Decisions

Advanced Member

Compass, SWS, and voice alerts? Such "novelty features" will not save you from a ticket. SWS is a virtually non-existant system. If you want a compass, then buy a compass. I can pretty much tell you that any detector with a compass will come up short in performance. If you're buying for such "features", then get a Cobra, because they have a lot of features. But they come up short as far as performance.

Jim

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    Compass, SWS, and voice alerts? Such "novelty features" will not save you from a ticket. SWS is a virtually non-existant system. If you want a compass, then buy a compass. I can pretty much tell you that any detector with a compass will come up short in performance. If you're buying for such "features", then get a Cobra, because they have a lot of features. But they come up short as far as performance.

Jim
    I already have a Cobra ESD-9850 and a Whistler 1793 SE. But it is those arrows gotta have em
    The one with the most toys wins
    I wish the V-1 was $200 instead of $400+ since it doesn't have all the novelties the lower priced detectors have and it doesn't even talk to you
    It's so dated in design. :shock:

Good Citizen

...Yet the V-1 falses alot I have heard on K and KA bands?...
    I don't think this is true. V1 will alert to K band door openers, etc. but that's because it detects radar in those frequency ranges! I think you're putting way too much emphasis on the "falsing" issue. If you're worried about falsing, find a Cobra that doesn't set itself off and you'll have few falses (and very few radar alerts as an added bonus). :roll:

I agree with Jimbonzzz on the "features" issue. If you want the compass/SWS/voice alerts/barometer/altimeter/toaster/blender/electric shaver/fingernail clipper...features, look elsewhere. BUT, if you want a RADAR detector, the V1 is one of the best.

Advanced Member

Yep.
    A sensitive detector will false more, since the signal from a motion sensor is basically electronically identical to police radar. A detector with front and rear antennas could conceivably false twice as much. Ka falses are uncommon except on cheap detectors, and there's basically no way to reduce X and K falsing without also reducing protection to real police radar.

In general, to make a more sensitive detector sound bad, it is said to "false more often". To make a less senitive detector sound good, it is said to have "better filtering".

Jim

Good Citizen

Jim[/quote]
    I already have a Cobra ESD-9850 and a Whistler 1793 SE. But it is those arrows gotta have em
    The one with the most toys wins
    I wish the V-1 was $200 instead of $400+ since it doesn't have all the novelties the lower priced detectors have and it doesn't even talk to you
    It's so dated in design. :shock:[/quote]

Look at it this way. You can have all the streamline design detector but basically suck as far as detecting goes or u can have the non"streamline design" V1 and get the best detection. Personally, i buy detector to save my a$$ from ticket not to see who has the best looking detector. :wink: