Last week I purchased both a 9500ix and V1 for comparison purposes because I was unable to decide between the two based on what I had read. I am completely new to the world of RDs. I still have not decided which to keep but I have developed some "seat-of-the-pants" impressions that seem consistent with reports I've read on this forum.
1) Around town both units seem to respond similarly to strong signals; however, the V1 is definitely more chatty.
2) I like the gps feature on the 9500ix and the ability to lockout known false signals. Interestingly, though, I've already conditioned myself to anticipate the V1 false report at known false signal locations.
3) I like the audible warning on the 9500ix, although I am quickly getting used to the different radar band tones on the V1.
4) At first I didn't think that the V1 arrow feature would be significant for me. However, I find that I like it a lot given that I can screen out fixed false sources based on the arrow locations changing as I drive past the source. It is also just plain nice to know from where the signal is coming.
5) I find it interesting that the 9500ix manual recommends mounting low on the windshield. The rationale is that lower provides better sensitivity to laser and, therefore, is what I interpreted to be the compromise position for detecting both radar and laser. The V1 manual, on the other hand, recommends positioning the detector high on the windshield.
My driving style generally keeps me within the speed limit around town. However, on the highway I like to push the speed by 15 mph or so - nothing crazy here. Based on this driving style, I am leaning towards the V1. I also have some concerns with the apparent lack of the 9500ix's sensitivity to Q/T that I've read about on this forum, although I confess that I am not entirely clear about the differences between I/O, Q/T, and POP - seems that the terms are interchanged sometimes.
In any case, I've got a couple more weeks to decide.