Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default is my 3.813 working rt???

I had a beloved 3.813 that had 0 ghosting issues and then i upgraded to pop version and have had ghosting issues since. I just got a new Audi and what a good reason to find a 3.813...

So I got one on ebay and it looks great. However I can't tell if it is functioning correctly. It's been 2-3 years since I've had the 3.813, so I can't remember if it's supposed to do this or not: on certain speed signs....this detector won't pick up anything even though the newer one does. Is that rt?? I swear I remember this to be true, but I can't confirm. My newer one beeps on K band.

3.813 picked up very accurate Ka band cop earlier, but I can't seem to get much peep out of K band. Of course, I've only driven with it for 30 mins.

Any thoughts? thanks.

edit: this afternoon, i went thru a speed sign and had my 2 valentines in the car on and they both went off. i went back again and again and cant get the 3.813 to go off.....was it interference from detectors or other cars the first time?
    Last edited by tx_v1; 10-01-2009 at 07:47 PM.

Power User

Default Re: is my 3.813 working rt???

Send it to VR for a tune up.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by tx_v1 View Post
    I had a beloved 3.813 that had 0 ghosting issues and then i upgraded to pop version and have had ghosting issues since. I just got a new Audi and what a good reason to find a 3.813...

So I got one on ebay and it looks great. However I can't tell if it is functioning correctly. It's been 2-3 years since I've had the 3.813, so I can't remember if it's supposed to do this or not: on certain speed signs....this detector won't pick up anything even though the newer one does. Is that rt?? I swear I remember this to be true, but I can't confirm. My newer one beeps on K band.

3.813 picked up very accurate Ka band cop earlier, but I can't seem to get much peep out of K band. Of course, I've only driven with it for 30 mins.

Any thoughts? thanks.

edit: this afternoon, i went thru a speed sign and had my 2 valentines in the car on and they both went off. i went back again and again and cant get the 3.813 to go off.....was it interference from detectors or other cars the first time?
    I recently bought a used V1 3.619 off craiglist....and K band was totally dead.....I sent in for repair/tune up.and now working perfectly...your v1 might need a repair.

Newcomer

ok i figured it was time for tune up anyways. how much is a tune up? do i just call and request a tune up and send it in?

Experienced

ok i figured it was time for tune up anyways. how much is a tune up? do i just call and request a tune up and send it in?
    I just bought an 813 also. It was weak on K so I sent it for a tune. Now it's great.

Speed Demon

you don't have to call....but I would call them to see,if V1 Serial# is stolen or not...
    I repair cost is $45,I also replace old housing with New one $35...now,it looks brand new...total $75 including shipping
    Last edited by sniper4usmc; 10-01-2009 at 08:21 PM.

snoopyc4

You RD needs a tune up. Sine the 813 uses an analog temperature compensator, it tends to fall out of tune more often than the newer V1s that use a digital temperature compensator. The more TLC you give your 813, they less amount tune ups it will need; so be sure not to leave it in the sun for too long. I would also try to angle one of your car's air vents at it while driving.

Newcomer

I live in TX and leave the V1s in the car all the time bc hardwired. How often should I be tuning the 3.813? Once a year?

snoopyc4

I live in TX and leave the V1s in the car all the time bc hardwired. How often should I be tuning the 3.813? Once a year?
    Yes once a year.

Good Citizen

did you see on the programing settings to see if K is turned off?

maybe the last owner turned k off , check just in case.

altough a tune up doesn't hurt